Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Injection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Nah, don't get me wrong - your info in greatly appreciated. It would be very cool if someone could find some sort of micro-fine spray nozzle that would work well with a low power water pump for NA engines. This would quite possibly apply more water across the power band and actually allow some of use to lean out our fuel mixtures. Sorry if my last comment seemed hyper-critical. We are glad you are here.
    here u go http://www.bete.com/products/mw.html

flow rate 0.009 gpm

great find livehho. I guess you could hook one of those to a water pump that has a 100 PSI minimum and a 1000 psi max and have it adjust the current to the water pump by maybe a vacuum or something that tells it to increase as RPMS increase like a throttle sensor, or have a knob on the dash if you want to control it manually. Im not quite sure how much current a waterpump would need that would put out 500 to 1000 psi would use.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    great find livehho. I guess you could hook one of those to a water pump that has a 100 PSI minimum and a 1000 psi max and have it adjust the current to the water pump by maybe a vacuum or something that tells it to increase as RPMS increase
    There are a lot of options here. I've realized an adjustable vacuum switch is the chepest and one of the most reliable options. No complicated elecronics and controllers. Field adjustable vacuum set point, from -3" H2O to -12 psi.

Closed throttle body butterfly = high vacuum
    Open TB = low vacuum

so you could set it up so that your WI kicks in when you go above 1,200 RPM

some of the biggest WI sellers (snowperformance.net, etc..) use this setup for their most simple kits

vacuum switch: http://designflexswitches.com/switches/psf109s.php

Im not quite sure how much current a waterpump would need that would put out 500 to 1000 psi would use.
    for 100-200psi from 5 to 10 Amps

Kinda off-topic but what about an electric turbo. small amounts of boost mixed with moist air. heres a quick example
    http://www.mimousa.com/info/blowerinfo.asp

"The supercharger produces 250 CFM but when combined with a cold air intake it produces about 2 PSI of boost."

ive seen cheaper ones but this one seems decent.

OK here is how I made the Venturi.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I gotta mention this, im pretty sure the reason for the 150 psi water pump is that @150psi the methanol atomizes correctly. double check before you go lookin for a pump. I dont know if it applies to just water.

maybe an injector would work, ive heard of old timers mixing water into their gastank, I wouldnt be too supprised if it worked. Then again it might be just an old wives tale....

OK here is how I made the Venturi.
    Your venturi looks like it would restrict air intake? Have you seen how well your WVI & HHO are injecting at Venturi? How much meth/water is being injected? Hows your MPG gains goin, made any progress?

No Im still getting 0 to 60 in like 8 seconds. I did lose HP at first. I started at 1" the 1 1/4" then 1 3/8" still havgin a little lag then I opened it up to 1.5" after that you cant even tell its in there. back to old it old 0 to 60 in 8 or 9 seconds. it starts bubbling at 1500 RPMs when driving under load. I started at 19MPG from the factory. Im at 27MPG now. Im very pleased with my gains. My next mod is going ot be an AFC to control a/f ratio
    www.hhounderground.com

Whats your WVI water/meth mix ratio Helz?

Im at 27MPG now. Im very pleased with my gains. My next mod is going ot be an AFC to control a/f ratio
    Helz yeh! That's a 50% gain!

hhonewbie,

I don't think he's using Methanol, just a ~3% isopropyl mixture to aid the vaporization process.

I am wondering how a ~1-3% H202 mixture might work. I'm thinking about trying that next time. So far, I went from ~28/30 MPG to ~37/40 MPG. ~25-35% gain. I probably need to hook up my HHO gen now and see if any more gains are possible. Seems the generator would help at idle then hand off to the WVI.