Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Injection Thread

great work Stevo. Im going to give it a shot.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    great work Stevo. Im going to give it a shot.
    Thanks. Be sure to use 3% isopropyl alcohol by volume to help the water vaporize much quicker. I use two containers because one container drains too quickly.

Supplies

I found the containers at Target in the sports bottle section for $5 each. They are made from Naglene-like material and come with a silicone lid seal. I then used a drill press to make a perfect 3/8" hole in the center and threaded it with a large tap then screwed in my 3/8" x 1/4" NPT pipe fitting. The bottom of the container is a hydrophilic sponge from Home Depot and the blue silicone tubing came from Petsmart. After all that, I simply cut my sponges to size (slightly oversized keeps them from floating) and punctured a hole halfway through each piece for the silicone hose to be inserted.

Make sure everything is well sealed. I need to apply some Goop to the outer parts of the bottle where the hoses enter to help seal the containers a tiny bit better. I did slightly undersize those holes so that the silicone tubing would fit tightly, but I would rather know for sure that it's sealed.

Also, a venturi might be hard to find on your vehicle... For me it's simply the charcoal canister line out. Once you find one, YOU will have to keep from jacking the MAF sensor reading so you need to route the canister input tube to a place in the intake arm AFTER the MAF instead of before it. The output tube can just be the venturi vacuum entry point wherever that is... If I could see the engine in front of me, I'm sure I could provide better detail.

Other thoughts

I can very easily set the base ignition timing (not dynamic), but you will probably not be able to do that so easy or even at all. One other thing you can do is drop to a lower octane fuel. My success has been with upping the base ignition timing 2 degrees and using one fuel grade below what is normally suggested for that setting. So my settings look like this:

18 BTDC + 89 octane

I cant really tell what yours is doing and where all your hoses go and how exactly it works but Ive got somewhat of an idea. I think Im going to get a small air pump that runs off dc, like for a live tank in a boat rather then use vacuum to create bubbles. I have a perfect spot for it on my intake. I moved my MAF sensor. It about 4 inches away from the throttle body now, it was right up on it. I did that for my HHO.
    So can you make a sketch of how yours works?

You video doesnt work BTW
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    I cant really tell what yours is doing and where all your hoses go and how exactly it works but Ive got somewhat of an idea. I think Im going to get a small air pump that runs off dc, like for a live tank in a boat rather then use vacuum to create bubbles. I have a perfect spot for it on my intake. I moved my MAF sensor. It about 4 inches away from the throttle body now, it was right up on it. I did that for my HHO.
    So can you make a sketch of how yours works?

You video doesnt work BTW
    Here is a sketch:

btw- you might want to ensure that you have Flash player enabled in your browser to see the movie. Anyone else who cannot see the movie, pls let me know. It's well worth the 2 minutes to watch.

So this is the way you could route yours:

----------->WVI>
    -----------^-----^
    ]MAF]==^===[^ThrottleBody[

the insert at the ThrottleBody is the venturi which will have lower pressure than the intake arm due to faster moving air. This means that airflow will move through the WVI chamber, through the sponge and towards the ThrottleBody. No wasted electricity or moving parts needed. Sorry for the dashes and ASCII art. iPhones suck here :\

Stevo

I love it!! Its simple yet effective! ........Help me understand.

I have a question about the siphon and primer tubes. Does one go into a third container, to refill the 2 canisters, as they empty? And the other is the air intake to the canisters. Is that black "F" shaped fitting special, like a venture that draws water from the fill container???? Does your refill container have to be higher for the siphon to work?
    My vacuum ports are not centrally located. The PCV and the fuel canister ports are both on the side of the engine. (Chev. v8) I could drill and tap a 1/4 NPT fitting right next to the throttle body for more even distribution.

Any special reason for using silicone hose??

Good job!!! Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by spicerman View Post
    Stevo

I love it!! Its simple yet effective! ........

In the picture above, the F shaped tee is actually just there for siphoning so the two horizontal hoses are not hooked into anything. See first attachment.

Now for the Venturi portion... I am wondering where the fuel canister output is routed. Don't even waste your time with the PCV unless for some reason it is routed to the throttle body. Here is a bit of reference on the Venturi effect:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect

I would imagine that the throttle body has some sort of vacuum routing, but I wouldn't know as the last Chevy I owned was a '67 C-10 pickup with the 289 small block. Carburetor had a Venturi I believe.

Here is what you could do if you have to deal with a MAF sensor (see attachment).

If the "F" tee is there for nothing .....why use it??? Are they both just open to the air?? The term "siphon" implies dealing with liquid. So I thought one tube would used to refill/replace water being drawn into the engine. How do you refill the water canister as it empties out??? You didn't mention in your earlier post where you got the siphon tee.

Thanks!!

Im going to attemp it. thanks man. Might be a week or so. I just got my HHO system all put together yesterday. I wanna see my gains from it first.
    I have no clue if my car has a venturi or a charcoal canister. its an 08 charger 3.5 liter V6
    www.hhounderground.com