Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Injection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by spicerman View Post
    If the "F" tee is there for nothing .....why use it??? Are they both just open to the air?? The term "siphon" implies dealing with liquid. So I thought one tube would used to refill/replace water being drawn into the engine. How do you refill the water canister as it empties out??? You didn't mention in your earlier post where you got the siphon tee.

Thanks!!
    It's purely simple I promise you.

So there is an F, right... The top most horizontal tube is placed in a glass of water. The second one down, you apply a small amount of suction for a second until the water reaches that tube and then stop. Siphoning will do the rest. So yes this system does work of siphoning when refilling only and that's the only reason I used a tee. Now, as far as why it's even there at all?... hmm -- it's the air inlet tube and the only way for air to enter the bottle/chamber down through the sponge(s), pick up humidity/vapor and exit the bottle then to the intake manifold via the throttle body.

My design requires no opening of the bottles, ever, unless you need to work on something inside. Matter of fact, I need to refill them right now.

Helz,

Look all underneath and around the throttle body area for any vacuum hoses. I am interested to know what that shiny little body attached to the throttle body is. That might be the area you are looking for. BTW - this would also be the perfect place to inject HHO as it's as close to the throttle body as you can get.

Mini steam boiler

Yesterday I installed my new mini-boiler. Its clamped to the top side of the exhaust manifold. Its a 2"x2"x6" thin wall metal tubing. I made the first one out of 1"x1"x6"x1/8" wall tubing and it didnt do the job. I had some slugs of hot water spiting out. We'll see what this one will do.

I was injecting water directly on the throttle plate. I did gain 2+ mpg.

I eliminated the nozzle and rerouted the water down to the boiler. (1 oz per min) The steam is routed up to the place where the nozzle was via a 24 in piece of 3/8 tubing. Tomorrow will be my first run.

My last tank of fuel I used the VOLOFS2 + 1 LPM of HHO and got 22.8 mpg (156 mls. and filled using the same pump) I have 17 mls on this tank so we'll see how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Helz,

Look all underneath and around the throttle body area for any vacuum hoses. I am interested to know what that shiny little body attached to the throttle body is. That might be the area you are looking for. BTW - this would also be the perfect place to inject HHO as it's as close to the throttle body as you can get.
    thats the trottle possion. its whats turning the butterfly falve in the throttle body. Ill try and look under it and see if theres any vacuum lines going to it but from what I can see now, it doesnt.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

ok ive figured out how to setup a venturi port. Im still unclear on how all your vacuum lines are run and what you are talking about poking a hole half way through the line thats in the sponge??? Ide need a drawing to figure it out. I cant decode your explanation man
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Stevo..
    According to the drawing that you referenced to, that showed the Air box, MAF sensor and throttle plate .... Shouldn't one of the air inlet hoses (siphon hoses) be taking the air form after the MAF , then into your canisters and to your engine. If you suck too much air that bypasses your MAF you could trigger the check engine light. It happened to me. Maybe in a small engine like the 1.6Ltr. its OK
    What ever works!!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by spicerman View Post
    Stevo..
    According to the drawing that you referenced to, that showed the Air box, MAF sensor and throttle plate .... Shouldn't one of the air inlet hoses (siphon hoses) be taking the air form after the MAF , then into your canisters and to your engine. If you suck too much air that bypasses your MAF you could trigger the check engine light. It happened to me. Maybe in a small engine like the 1.6Ltr. its OK
    What ever works!!
    Hehe... huh?! That drawing was simply to show the vacuum path.

Yes, the low pressure side is the canister inlet tube and the high pressure side is the canister output tube. The canister for that drawing would be different than my current setup as the air drawn through the canister has already been metered by the MAF sensor and the canister would have to be completely sealed, so no vacuum leaks at all.

[MAF]--->IntakeArm----->[Canister]------>To Venturi

On My D16z6 there is no MAF, only MAP :

IntakeArm----->[Canister]------>To Venturi-->[MAP]

I don't have to worry about that BS. The air entering the Venturi pipe comes in before the throttle plate (approx 1/3"). Tune-ability that's why I bought this experiment car in the first place though I haven't actually done any tuning to this one yet.

Stevo

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I appreciate your patience. Your video kinda showed that but was hard to see. Simple is GOOD!

Thanks again

I think I got it now.
    www.hhounderground.com

Thanks Helz !!