Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anti-Foaming Agent

Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    is there actually any answers for anything on this site, i mean no disrespect but i read nothing but "questions", "maybe's" or "perhaps this might work"
    is there anybody on this forum thats got any confirmed experience with catalysts ? if anybody does, im simply wondering if anybody knows exactly 1. whats better, potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide
    2. where can i buy it locally
    3. and exactly (or even approx) how much do i mix in per ltr of water
    Brendon,
    Definitely potassium hydroxide! Like Lee, I also use a 28% mix and I control the amperage draw with a PWM.
    Finding KOH locally has always been a problem. You want to use food grade KOH. (at least 90% pure) I get mine from.
    Essential Depot.
    They usually deliver within 2 days and their quality is excellent!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

on the subject of electrolytes, i would recommend somebody to try sodium tetraborate (aka Borax). it should be available in hardware stores.

it may be useful to have a mixture of Borax : KOH of about 1:10 (so for 280 g/L (28%) KOH, use 28 g/L borax)

Anti Foam

Definitely the best I have worked as an antifoam, SS wool is sold in the supermarket, placed in a small tube attached cap with two of them with PVC and the other only to pressure, also serves as a "fuse" of pressure.
    This stops the foam and serves as Drie