Thread: lost of mp's

bigsmoke1956 Guest

Question lost of mp's

Hey, I have a guy that I know that he put on a hho system, the units put out about 1lpm of gas at 16 amps , he has the gas going into the intake manifold at 2 places, He drives a 1985 nissan p.u. with a 145.8 cid motor, with a 2 barrel carb made by Weber. He use to get about 21 mpg and now only getting 19 mpg. He also has retard the timming about 3 degrees. Can anyone give me some help here as what to do about getting more mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke1956 View Post
    Hey, I have a guy that I know that he put on a hho system, the units put out about 1lpm of gas at 16 amps , he has the gas going into the intake manifold at 2 places, He drives a 1985 nissan p.u. with a 145.8 cid motor, with a 2 barrel carb made by Weber. He use to get about 21 mpg and now only getting 19 mpg. He also has retard the timming about 3 degrees. Can anyone give me some help here as what to do about getting more mpg.
    Try retarding 6 degrees total and try again.

bigsmoke1956 Guest
    Thanks I'll get him to try that.

ANYONE ELSE????

I take that this truck is too old to have any sensor input that should be worked with?

If he's injecting right into the intake manifold then that might not be a good thing? Better to introduce at the carb air venturi to ensure a good mix with the air and fuel. This may or may not be the culprit but its certainly worth a try.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

85's had o2 sensors. you have to trick it out