Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry Cells? How do they work?

HHOinKY Guest

Dry Cells? How do they work?

How do they work. I tried to search for how they work on the forum, but theres a minimum letter of like 4 or 5 so "dry" won't search right.

I'm just confused on how to set one up. I'd like for this to be my next project if I can figure out how to build one...

Thanks
    Mitch

Mitch,

A dry cell works by pushing fluid through it by natural heat convection. The series of sealed plates have a top holer and a bottom hole, the bottom serves to keep the electrolyte topped up in each cell and the top hole acts as both a max level for the electrolyte and as an exit for the HHO gas. Electrolyte is fed by gravity from the bottom of a reservoir to the bottom hole of the cell and returns via the top hole to the top of the reservoir.
    Check out my thread "Painless experiment in HHO" under General Discussion, I have youtube videos I've made detailing how to build a cell from Lowes parts. My channel on youtube is called 'PainlessHHO'.

Good luck! Dry cells rock!

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

HHOinKY Guest
    Out here in the garage right now finishing up and gonna try and test my output tonight. If it works I might try and do a quickie install and test it tomrrow.

Quote Originally Posted by HHOinKY View Post
    Out here in the garage right now finishing up and gonna try and test my output tonight. If it works I might try and do a quickie install and test it tomrrow.
    If you want more search results try using keyword "Tero"

sumdude Guest
    hey painless what options and where can i get the gasgets for the dry cell design...

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Mitch,

A dry cell works by pushing fluid through it by natural heat convection. The series of sealed plates have a top holer and a bottom hole, the bottom serves to keep the electrolyte topped up in each cell and the top hole acts as both a max level for the electrolyte and as an exit for the HHO gas. Electrolyte is fed by gravity from the bottom of a reservoir to the bottom hole of the cell and returns via the top hole to the top of the reservoir.
    Check out my thread "Painless experiment in HHO" under General Discussion, I have youtube videos I've made detailing how to build a cell from Lowes parts. My channel on youtube is called 'PainlessHHO'.

Good luck! Dry cells rock!

Russ.

Sumdude, Use keyword "gaskets" for post search you'll find plenty of options

sumdude Guest
    Thanks. Found some good information

Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    Sumdude, Use keyword "gaskets" for post search you'll find plenty of options

tbhavsar Guest
    I have question on dry-cell series cell design; from video (youtube, website: fireinthewater.com, etc), I see there are two holes drilled on plates. One on the top and another on the bottom. But the when I read tero cell design document (.PDF format), I see only ONE hole at one of the corner.

The idea of the series cell is to keep current down (by avoiding current leak) thru holes, why folks are having two holes….. I think you need only one at the TOP like tero cell design. I am baffled.

The original Tero cell wasn't a "flooded" cell. It used a reservoir to keep fluid at a predetermined level. It also filled from the top hole. The added hole permits a flooded type cell that filles from the bottom letting the gas out the top. That also permits electrolite out the top with the gas causing a circulating affect.

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    The original Tero cell wasn't a "flooded" cell. It used a reservoir to keep fluid at a predetermined level. It also filled from the top hole. The added hole permits a flooded type cell that filles from the bottom letting the gas out the top. That also permits electrolite out the top with the gas causing a circulating affect.
    thanks for your reply;

But this will have more current leak and amp will increase; in my opinion this defeats the purpose of having series cell to take advantage of.