Thread: EFIE settings that are working

richardb200373 Guest

Arrow EFIE settings that are working

For those of you running efie's on your vehicles and have mileage gains, can you post what you have your efie set at, what vehicle, engine and LPM.
    I think this can help a lot of us out. Also, check your fuses for those of you still trying to set, if you are having your readings jump around alot, I had an 02 sensor fuse blown under the hood, never even thought about it, I've been wasting a week on trying to set my efie and get my engine light out.

Quote Originally Posted by richardb200373 View Post
    For those of you running efie's on your vehicles and have mileage gains, can you post what you have your efie set at, what vehicle, engine and LPM.
    I think this can help a lot of us out. Also, check your fuses for those of you still trying to set, if you are having your readings jump around alot, I had an 02 sensor fuse blown under the hood, never even thought about it, I've been wasting a week on trying to set my efie and get my engine light out.
    1998 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 a/t. First just HHO 1lpm and had small gains 2 to 3mpg. After a couple of weeks all the gains went away. Back to no gain at all. I added a MX066 pwm hoping to increase HHO production thinking that was the problem. No increase in production or mpg. I do like the PWM because it is much easier to control current. I ordered the frequency adjuster kit for the PWM thinking that might help. Paid $11.00 plus shipping for what turned out to be $5.00 worth of Radio Shack parts and half an hour labor. one half piece of general purpose IC PC Board, 1 10k ohm pot, 1 50k ohm pot, a small resistor, and some wire. That showed me the parts I needed to make a MAP enhancer. I hooked the 10k pot and the 50k pot in series, plased plain wire in the spot for the resistor and hooked the enhancer in the MAP signal line. I turned the 10k pot to max then adjusted the 50k pot until the engine just started stumbling. I then backed off the 10k pot until it was running and excelerating well again. I was shocked at the gains. Went from 15.5 hwy to 29.8 hwy went from 11.5 city to 17. Lasted only about two weeks and back to normal. What was happening was that the 02 signal and the MAP signal were not making sence to the ECM. The MAP sair rich while the 02 said lean. The ECM just kept adding more and more fuel until it seen the signal from the 02 that it wanted. I ordered an EFIE off e-bay for I think around $25.00, (Also probably only $5.00 worth of parts). I put the EFEI in ling on thr before cat 02. I unhooked the battery to get rid of all the bad info that I had fed into the ECM. Mileage went back up to 17 or so city and high 20's highway. Drove it for a year that way. No problems at all.

HHOinKY Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    1998 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 a/t. First just HHO 1lpm and had small gains 2 to 3mpg. After a couple of weeks all the gains went away. Back to no gain at all. I added a MX066 pwm hoping to increase HHO production thinking that was the problem. No increase in production or mpg. I do like the PWM because it is much easier to control current. I ordered the frequency adjuster kit for the PWM thinking that might help. Paid $11.00 plus shipping for what turned out to be $5.00 worth of Radio Shack parts and half an hour labor. one half piece of general purpose IC PC Board, 1 10k ohm pot, 1 50k ohm pot, a small resistor, and some wire. That showed me the parts I needed to make a MAP enhancer. I hooked the 10k pot and the 50k pot in series, plased plain wire in the spot for the resistor and hooked the enhancer in the MAP signal line. I turned the 10k pot to max then adjusted the 50k pot until the engine just started stumbling. I then backed off the 10k pot until it was running and excelerating well again. I was shocked at the gains. Went from 15.5 hwy to 29.8 hwy went from 11.5 city to 17. Lasted only about two weeks and back to normal. What was happening was that the 02 signal and the MAP signal were not making sence to the ECM. The MAP sair rich while the 02 said lean. The ECM just kept adding more and more fuel until it seen the signal from the 02 that it wanted. I ordered an EFIE off e-bay for I think around $25.00, (Also probably only $5.00 worth of parts). I put the EFEI in ling on thr before cat 02. I unhooked the battery to get rid of all the bad info that I had fed into the ECM. Mileage went back up to 17 or so city and high 20's highway. Drove it for a year that way. No problems at all.
    So you're saying that resetting the computer and using a MAP enhancer is all you did (with generator of course) to make these results?

Is your engine running too lean? Have you tested your emissions?

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by HHOinKY View Post
    So you're saying that resetting the computer and using a MAP enhancer is all you did (with generator of course) to make these results?

Is your engine running too lean? Have you tested your emissions?

Mitch
    I believe he's using both O2 efie and map en.