Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have map AND maf...now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    It's not really a variable resistor, but an actual voltage generator. Nonetheless, raising the reference voltage (a.k.a. sensor ground) to the sensor should raise the output by the same amount. We recently figured out that Dodge does this from the factory with the Hemi trucks.
    Same thing happens with the 4.7L, mine supplies a 2.5v base bias.

I'm wondering if changing the bias would be a problem though, I noticed that upon engine start the voltage from the O2 sensor starts at 0v then slowly works it's way up over about 5-10 seconds to 2.5v, where it stays until the sensor is warmed up. Adding to this might upset the ECU? Guess it's a try it and see scenario as always.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Jaxom Guest
    Yeah, it'll be trial-and-error. I don't think it'll cause a problem since you're introducing such a small change, but you never know until you try.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    That truck does have both MAP and MAF sensors. The MAF is the primary sensor for fuel calculations under steady cruising, while the MAP is given a little more weight during transients (throttle changes, deceleration, etc.) and at low RPM.

This is a great piece of information. thanks

wide open 97 Guest

map efie

Hi I am new to all this hho stuff and have questions.I recently purchased a hho kit with bubbler for my 01 malibu.So far i put the kit in plus a scanner 2 and now a map sensor efie.Can someone help me on how to make this efie work??I ahve heard alot about all different kinds of efie's but i have this one and need some info on how to make it work.Thanks for all help