Thread: varying numbers on efie's

bigsmoke1956 Guest

varying numbers on efie's

To All,
    I finallly got my system on my truck last week and thought that I had the the EFIE's set on 250mv but checked them today and found set at 186mv.
    Reset them this am and by this afternoon they were at 357mv when they started at 250mv. Also checked the voltage they were at 1.5v, so you guys tell whats up. I need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke1956 View Post
    To All,
    I finallly got my system on my truck last week and thought that I had the the EFIE's set on 250mv but checked them today and found set at 186mv.
    Reset them this am and by this afternoon they were at 357mv when they started at 250mv. Also checked the voltage they were at 1.5v, so you guys tell whats up. I need some help.
    Most efies take about 5 minutes or so to warm up.Give the unit about 10 minutes to warm up all the way then adjust.

Slow down and take your time. Most people try to get it right too quick. Make small changes and measure your resukts. You will get there.

richardb200373 Guest
    Both responses are correct. When setting, go slow taking about 4 to 5 seconds to do a full revolution on the screw. When you see your multimeter get about where you want it, back the screw up a 1/4 to 1/2 turn because it will probably keep rising. Give it a minute to stabilize. If you have the dual model, work on one for a minute then go to the other and recheck them 2 or 3 times, odds are they will move a little between tests. Hope this helps..

bigsmoke1956 Guest
    Thanks I will let you know