Thread: info source

solo33 Guest

info source

If you haven't already been there............go read, very informative!

http://brightgreen.us/lubedev/smartgas/

Interesting link, thanks.
    I might give acetone one more try. They are saying about 3-4 oz / 10 gallons. I tried 1.5oz/ 10 G with no measurable results

bigapple Guest
    It's a good link but I hate when they make "Big Oil" seem like the devil. Although some of the facts may be true, I doubt that Detroit is the murder capital of the world as they claim.

It's also a bit ridiculous when they throw around "double your mileage." When they say this, they put us all in a category that makes us all seem dumb.

Acetone probably could help but making it sound that easy is a bit ridiculous. I'm trying my own isopropyl/water and acetone/water vapor injection to see how they work out. Although I'm running this stuff through the vacuum line rather than through the gas tank. I'll see how my tests go but I doubt I'll get a 200% gain.

Solo33, I've read 3 articals so far, execlent find, a few more like that and we'll elevate you to adm.

Acetone xylene and desel fuel at 10 oz each per 10 gal gas has been told to me by an old chemest friend. alas conformation.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Just a personal thought. I thought it seemed written from a very liberal stand point. I am republican

I think you are correct, he seems very passionate about his research. I'm a Independent

solo33 Guest

So far.............

I went ahead and changed out my oil (as per his article) to Texaco Ursa (good luck finding Torco locally). I've then changed out my plugs to NGK V-power but didn't drill the holes, really expecting nothing, until I went up to my son's house. He lives in the mountains. Usually when I get to the first couple of relatively steep hills I "thumb-button" my XB's transmission out of O.D to maintain 60 mph. After the above changes, I maintained that speed in O.D. So now, I'm going to do a real milage check, and then add the Acetone. Anyone know where you can buy xylene? Also, the Diesel thats used, is that truck diesel or the car diesel....does it matter? Thanks, Ron.