Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: custom cut plates

Haywire Haywood Guest

custom cut plates

I'm looking for a supplier of accurate custom cut plates. Co2cutter doesn't seem to be responding to emails or PMs.

thanks,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire Haywood View Post
    I'm looking for a supplier of accurate custom cut plates. Co2cutter doesn't seem to be responding to emails or PMs.

thanks,
    Ian
    Have you tried your local sheet metal companys? Or you can try

http://www.onlinemetals.com/

Haywire Haywood Guest
    Ouch... Didn't know what price to expect, but on that site, each 7x7 piece of 20ga 316 was $9.31 plus shipping. I need 18 for my cell. That route isn't happening. That's just for the square piece of metal too, no holes drilled or cut like co2cutter offers. I was hoping to supply a drawing with all the holes and dimensions called out, and get finished plates back ready to cross hatch and bolt together. I can see now that it's going to be well beyond my HHO experimentation budget.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire Haywood View Post
    Ouch... Didn't know what price to expect, but on that site, each 7x7 piece of 20ga 316 was $9.31 plus shipping. I need 18 for my cell. That route isn't happening. That's just for the square piece of metal too, no holes drilled or cut like co2cutter offers. I was hoping to supply a drawing with all the holes and dimensions called out, and get finished plates back ready to cross hatch and bolt together. I can see now that it's going to be well beyond my HHO experimentation budget.

Ian
    Yeah none of us like to shell out the bucks just to save some down the road,but as they say it's the nature of the beast.My plates are 10x10 1/16" thick and have 7 of them at about $30 each.But that's 90% of the cost to build the cell.The way I look at it if I can save $10 to $20 per tankful using hho it's savings down the road.As the saying goes it takes money to make money.

JonDoh Guest
    TRY Ebay.... There's a few SS sellers

stevo11 Guest
    Try these guys. They were a little cheeper. Alcobra Metals but still expensive. I went with 22gauge 6x6 sheets and paid 4.84 per sheet shipped 316L.

Stevo

patricke123 Guest
    Did you get your plates yet? I can provide custom cut plates - PM me.

Patrick

metalman17 Guest
    Alcobra Metals now has 20ga, 22ga, and 24ga T316L sheet on there website. Also give them a call they will custom cut for you at a reasonable price.

If anyone needs plates Im going to try to find some SS to make some plates and could get more and cut or drill plates for somone.

Super Fuel FX Guest

Laser Cut SS Plates

Been a while since I was able to post, and wanted to let you all know that I came across supplier that will custom cut for us. Send me a copy of what you need and I will get back to you shortly.