Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: plate question?

I used neoprene and I cut it with a box cutter and a small framing square.

sumdude Guest
    Is that cheaper overall than using the shower pan liner. the piece i got was 5X6 foot i got for 27 bucks.

Cutting the gaskets is time consuming and I personally can't stand the job

However, I found things went much easier if I make some templates and use those to cut around. One for the outer size of the gasket and one for the inner size.

Neoprene is more durable to temp than the showerpan liner, you need to stay under 140F with the PVC.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Shower pan liner is fine thats just what I used. My neoprene was 1/8"thk, a 36" x 36" piece cost me $26.

sumdude Guest
    Ok thanks for the input. However, was the picture i included earlier the best way of making the electrical connections?

Sounds good to me, I used the spade connectors, they are a pain in the rear and corrode / slip / come off all the time. Stick with the bolts and protect everything you can with heat shrink tubing.

sumdude Guest
    Thanks painless. I was the one who commented on your video on youtube about the cell leaking. Im going to see what i can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Sounds good to me, I used the spade connectors, they are a pain in the rear and corrode / slip / come off all the time. Stick with the bolts and protect everything you can with heat shrink tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by sumdude View Post
    Ok thanks for the input. However, was the picture i included earlier the best way of making the electrical connections?
    Looked good to me. Just make sure your connections are tight.

Quote Originally Posted by sumdude View Post
    Thanks painless. I was the one who commented on your video on youtube about the cell leaking. Im going to see what i can come up with.
    You'll get it right, just make sure you use enough bolts and tighten them each bit-by-bit in sequence. I connect up the hoses and put my finger over one's end and blow into the other to check for leaks as I tighten. Once I have it sealed, I tighten just a little more then check with just water.

sumdude Guest
    Ok thanks for all the info. I'll pick my plates up tomorrow. thanks alot again.

Also about how big do i make the diagonal cut on the plates at the edges?