Thread: Constant duty solenoid

midnight1957 Guest

Constant duty solenoid

When installing a 10 plate dry cell is it necessary to install a constant duty solenoid? I am going to install a 30 amp breaker then a relay and PWM before my cell.

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
    Wade

Yes, i think i understand what your doing, you want the CDS between the battery and the cell.

Kind of a weird place to post a question dont you think

midnight1957 Guest

Weird place for a question

Sorry Roland, it was my fault.

Have a Blessed day,
    Wade

HHO King Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight1957 View Post
    When installing a 10 plate dry cell is it necessary to install a constant duty solenoid? I am going to install a 30 amp breaker then a relay and PWM before my cell.

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
    Wade
    I only use that type of solenoid when i am wiring the unit directly to the battery-which is almost never.

The relay will do just fine with the circuit breaker. I like the idea of using the circuit breaker instead of a fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by HHO King View Post
    I only use that type of solenoid when i am wiring the unit directly to the battery-which is almost never.

The relay will do just fine with the circuit breaker. I like the idea of using the circuit breaker instead of a fuse.

Where do you get a 12 volt cucuit breaker?

If its a 30 amp 120 volt breaker im would not think that would work. I think that would be = to a 300 amp breaker on a 12 volt system.