Thread: 2 lines or 1 for HHO input?

jcbarton Guest

2 lines or 1 for HHO input?

I have seen different recommendations as to how and where you should tap your HHO into the engine. Some say that you need both ported vacuum and manifold vacuum and others say they have tested it with both and there is no difference you only need to tap into the air intake just before the engine. Any one tested this? so where exactly should you tap into and is one or both HHO lines needed? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcbarton View Post
    I have seen different recommendations as to how and where you should tap your HHO into the engine. Some say that you need both ported vacuum and manifold vacuum and others say they have tested it with both and there is no difference you only need to tap into the air intake just before the engine. Any one tested this? so where exactly should you tap into and is one or both HHO lines needed? Thanks
    I have mine right after the air filter box,I don't like it too close to the throttlebody.

right now i have it on a vacuum line, but plan to add the one in the intake after the air filter, that way if ur idling it sucks through vacuum line and when running in town or highway it will go through the throttle body.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

At idle, your intake manifold is creating sufficient vacuum to pull in hho. Your pulling about close to 10-11 psi, the base being 14.7 for atmospheric pressure. At WOT,or acceleration, you pull less vacuum, about 3 psi. In my own opinion, this is still enough to pull HHO, which is really light, with ease. SO I believe one would be sufficient. Although if you produce enough and add two, it would be distributed better. Youd have to be generating a lot of HHO though. Thats just my $.02.
    1995 Chevy Camaro
    17 MPG base city/highway
    Listening to Van Halen

Dustin Guest
    Unless you have flow in the vacuum line which would be a leak, wouldn't the hydrogen just set there under the vacuum. I think it would be like putting your thumb over a straw in your drink and raising the straw out of the liquid. The liquid just sets there until you move your thumb letting it vent and flow. I know we're talking about a gas but take that same straw, empty it out, put your finger over the end and try to suck air through it.....no flow. In order to get the hydrogen to flow, a leak must be created of some sort. Even though the generator will make a small amount of pressure, I'm not sure it would make pressure faster than the engine could pull a vacuum on the generator. The water in the generator would then start to boil under that vacuum. Just my ideas.

richardb200373 Guest
    I was wondering the same thing, my line is going in right before the main intake. I put a cigarette next to my fitting to see if it would take smoke in and it did'nt, brought up rpm's and it did'nt look like much was going in then either. ??? By the way, jeep 2002 4.0L

Something I can add. One time what I noticed when I used two vaccum lines when I was first exploring hho was the intake is much safer to use as far as pulling any water into your high out put intake. Anotherwards, what I was refering to is if your fill line closer to the top of your fill line, the high out put vaccum is very strong. The result is like I said will pull it in. If you use a high out put vaccum I would buy a universal vaccum connector. Splice it into the high out put vaccum to reduce the vaccum pressure. This will be a big help on wondering if? That's my .02 cents.