Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY - Hydrogen Cell - Phase - I Completed.

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    Hi are you planning to run this cell on a vacuum? Oh And are the 2 connecting rods copper?
    Ron,

Thanks for your post;

No they are 1/4" brass rods; when I first started the cell, it started to turn water to blue color. Now I have electric tape on bare area of the rod. I think I should have used steel rod but initially thought of having good conductor for the rod. Does it make diff? May be small, I do not know...

Vacuum, No sure… still wondering. I am not sure where I can connect in my Honda Accord. I can understand little-bit auto stuff but can not mess around too much. Can you direct me to any post that has vacuum hose connection? I would like to explore the possibilities.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Hi
    Generally speaking everything that goes in the cell should be either Stainless steel or plastic/rubber for spacers etc. I guarantee you will have problems with mixed metals! The vacuum connection is normally made by using a 'T' piece in the pipe to the brake booster. The reason I asked you was that i dont think your lid will stand the vacuum!

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    Hi
    Generally speaking everything that goes in the cell should be either Stainless steel or plastic/rubber for spacers etc. I guarantee you will have problems with mixed metals! The vacuum connection is normally made by using a 'T' piece in the pipe to the brake booster. The reason I asked you was that i dont think your lid will stand the vacuum!
    Thanks Ron for your prompt reply. Ok, I got it; I will change to Steel Rods for now; hardware stores around my area do not sell SS Rods.

For the vacuum line, the Kitchen glass Jar/container & lid I am using is for experiment only….can you please tell me the container material for the cell and hoses you used to handle high-pressure from vacuum line? I am planning use 3” PVC (10" height)pipe for the Cell and 2” PVC (8" Height)for the bubbler.

FYI –I will be connecting six cells in series; planning to mount inside trunk and run a long hose under the frame. Please throw some lights on this arrangement/design I planned. Also, Is it safe to connect thru Vacuum line that is being used for Break Booster I have no idea, how does it works or what does it do in the car….