Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too much HHO?

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoGas View Post
    Yeah, I accidently put too many neutrals. It is the 16 plate design. I am still having trouble getting gains. I am working with the EFIE, but I don't know if I still have too much HHO (probably not), need to keep working with the EFIE, or maybe need a new O2 sensor. Does anyone know how to tell if you need a new sensor. It is not tripping codes, could it still be bad? I have 144K miles, but only bought few months ago so not sure if it is original.

if u installed an EFIE , use the same lead to check source voltage.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

You dont have to much HHO. i would not even worry about 20 amp draw at all. And i also would not change the the plate arrangement ether.

I just measured my output of my cell that I installed on my 97 Civic. It pushed 750 ml in 15 seconds, 3 Lpm. This is at about 25 amps. I can cut it back if I need to, but didn't want to unless I needed to. I know I don't need that much for my 1.6 liter engine, but where is the point that too much is going in and will hurt mileage? I am getting no gains right now. I am working with adjusting my EFIE, but wanted to make sure the output is ok.
    3000ml at 325 watts (assuming your at 13 volts) per min is awesome = 9.23 MMW you should post the MMW with your feedback for that guys Electroliyzer!

Does it put out that much HHo when it is cold? I would like o no how hot that cell runs.

NoMoGas Guest
    Thanks for the info. I have a few questions. Painless said 3 LPM is too much and ecu is over richening in its confusion. Roland says that is not too much HHO. Roland, are you saying 3 LPM is not too much, or do you doubt I am getting 3 LPM? Since I don't know the temp, I guess it could have been steam, just not sure.
    Where can I get a lazer thermometer, and how much are they?
    I will try to get cell temp, and volts going to cell. I have a scanguage that tells volts, but I assume that is total volts, not the amount going to cell.
    When I originally posted and checked the output at 3 LPM, the cell had been running about 5 min.
    I know you can put anything on an ebay ad, but here are the numbers that were with the ad.
    3 LMP
    13.3 Volts
    27 amps
    8.35 MMW

Since I don't know how to calculate MMW, I am not sure what mine is really doing. Could someone tell me how to calculate that?

It is not tripping codes, could it still be bad? I have 144K miles, but only bought few months ago so not sure if it is original.
    You should be able to look at the connector and see if it has "Denso" or "NGK"/"NTK" stamped on it. This *might* be a good indicator of whether of not your 02 sensor is original. Majority of people don't change those out at 80-100K like they should. Guess they think Honda makes everything to last 300K, but that's just not the case. BTW, is your civic a hatch? And what model? DX, LX, EX, Si?

Thanks for the info. I have a few questions. Painless said 3 LPM is too much and

ecu is over richening in its confusion.

I believe this to be ture. but you need to trick the ECU into accepting 3LPM as normal. you'ld have to do that with 1 lpm or 3 lpm. But i have read that some folks have got better results with less HHO. Im wondering if that is a ignition timing thing, or a high watt demand

Roland says that is not too much HHO. Roland, are you saying 3 LPM is not too much, or do you doubt I am getting 3 LPM? Since I don't know the temp, I guess it could have been steam, just not sure.

I believe you are geting 3LPM, it is probaly not too hot in 5 minutes.

Harbor frieght.

I will try to get cell temp, and volts going to cell. I have a scanguage that tells volts, but I assume that is total volts, not the amount going to cell.
    When I originally posted and checked the output at 3 LPM, the cell had been running about 5 min.
    I know you can put anything on an ebay ad, but here are the numbers that were with the ad.
    3 LMP
    13.3 Volts
    27 amps
    8.35 MMW

Since I don't know how to calculate MMW, I am not sure what mine is really doing. Could someone tell me how to calculate that?
    MMW= Millileter per Minute per Watts

watts = volts x amps

you got 3 LPM = 3000 ml PM

So if your watts is 325 divide that by your ml
    3000 / 325 = 9.23MMW

I think I should clarify my response:

3 LPM is too much in that it is likely causing over riching, but this means that you should work with the o2 signal to conpensate, not reduce your output of HHO.

By the way, I got my laser thermometer from Lowes in the electrical dept, right next to the multimeters.

With that 9+ MMW I would certainly be wary that steam is the culprit of that high output.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Nomogas, How thick are the gaskets on that Electrolyzer?

you have something very similar to what I have, but you have an extra 4n set. I am getting 1.2-1.5@25amps, you are probably getting 1.8-2lpm
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

try ur local hobby shop - they use them for checking tems on nitro motors and usually sell for $30 or less.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.