Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Less than impressed....

Less than impressed....

With this outfit. http://www.fireinthewater.com/index_files/Page1339.htm

I found a link to this site on the forums, have emailed him 3 times in the past two weeks, with no responses, and now you should take a look at the website...... Very reasonably priced plates for a dry cell, but check out the S&H! A 6x6 dry cell plate is priced at $7.90, but the S&H is $30!!?? AND...gaskets for the plates are $2.60, with S&H of $20! Unless this is a misprint on the website, this guy IS SMOKING CRACK!
    Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith
    www.caffreyknives.net

Riddler250 Guest
    HaHa. Hes off his rocker

I would imagine that $30 shipping is for as many plates & or gaskets as you want. Just guessing

I had that though too....but the guy doesn't answer emails....all you get is an automated response saying "We will get back to you soon". Wonder what he considers "soon"........ does that mean never?
    www.caffreyknives.net

Griz64 Guest
    Let me relate my experience with this guy. First of all his name is Sid Young of the infamous "Sid Cell". I sent him an email asking how soon he could ship out a unit and his response was early next week. I told him to go ahead and made my payment thru paypal. So I waited a week and no product so I emailed him..no response. Ok so I waited another week and still no product and no response. Third week and I finally get a response from him saying he has been real busy trying to fill orders-blah blah blah. So after 4 weeks I finally get my cell but absolutely no instructions or anything and seeing that the holes for the barbs are tapered there is a certain way they need to assembled. Now I will say that the product is nice but that is the only nice thing I will say. My recommendation is that you stay way the hell away from this guy. I will never do business with him again...I am sure he gets lots of emails a day but at the same time..if you dont have time to answer my emails then I dont have time to do business with you. A little courtesy goes a hell of a long way.

I live in Alaska where everything is higher priced because of shipping and I can have those plates made out of 316L Stainless includind all holes for 1/3rd of what he is charging. The gaskets can be made for less than 50 cents each and stamped to perfection. NO MSHIPPING.

Well, you folks have confirmed it for me.....no dealing with that ding-dong.

I run my own business, and if I treated my customers like that, I would quickly not have a business. I like the design of the plates, but will not waste my time with someone like that.
    www.caffreyknives.net

JonDoh Guest
    Reading several different forums & threads.... there's several websites with the same issues like magdrive. Lousy CS!! Like ZERO CS.

Maybe there should be a BLACK LIST of hho companies

alpha-dog Guest
    I bought one of these cells and have had no problem with sid at all. I get quick response via email from him also. I don't know about buying indivivual plates.
    Russ

That $30.00 S+H does apply to as many as you want, I filled out an order for 25 gaskets and the S+H didn't change. I'd like to buy gaskets and have a water jet company locally make some plates. I want the lower holes on the left, that way I could alternate every other cell so elyte has to go back and forth, eliminating the stray electrical flow thru a straight path of holes. The electrical spade lugs would be opposite, but that's no biggy.
    Bill