Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems caused by HHO

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest

Problems caused by HHO

I would like to hear from everyone who has had a problem caused by HHO (i.e. burnt pistons & valves or flsh backs) so that all of us could learn on how to prevent costly damage and personal injury! Thanks in advance for all your input.

iv'e had a bottle i was using to test LMP, blow up.

dont put a flame to it.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

I had problems removing a large brown stain from my living room carpet after I lit some foam left over in my reservoir and scared my wifes dog.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest
    Has anyone burnt a piston or valve with too much HHO or leaning the motor too much?

Quote Originally Posted by HALS-GUNSMITHING View Post
    Has anyone burnt a piston or valve with too much HHO or leaning the motor too much?
    My system's been installed for over a year and 35,000 miles,and the only thing that's happened is better mpg.The truck still uses only a 1/2 quart of oil between oil changes the same as before hho.I don't have any pitting of the throttle body nor the intake.My cell is installed 6 feet from the intake with 2 bubblers along the way to insure nothing but hho ever reaches my motor.
    The main problem people have that end up with motor damage were just plain careless,or in too much hurry to build it and slap it on without thinking it through and most didn't take enough time to read and learn.

I like the dog scare story best. You Win You should have told us more about the bottle exploding

Post exploding bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Boltazar View Post
    I like the dog scare story best. You Win You should have told us more about the bottle exploding

OK, I was testing my LPM with a bottle with a screw on cap (i picked up from a store) that has markings of 100 ml to 1 L in 100 ml increments.

And after having done the LPM test, thought it would be neat to see a flame come out of the top of the bottle (with cap on and only a 1/2" hole in the top), so i put a long tip lighter to the hole, but no flame just a BANG!

Stunned me, bottle was in so many pieces (still haven't found them all), lost my hearing in my left ear for almost two days (and still sounds like a tin can in my left ear), and had some cuts om by stomach. But other than that I was OK.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

JonDoh Guest
    ^^^^ Cuts on the stomache?!?! OUCH!?! Thank God that's all that happened!

Ok, There was a small incident last year with a 15 gallon trash bag filled with hho.I hope the neighborhood cats are done with therapy by now

Painless he's got cha beat. Its all in the degree of not thinking