Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems caused by HHO

Hahahahahaha some one forget to tell you guys be carefull and its not a toy
    HHOinventions.com

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest
    This is good stuff. It will help people relize how serious HHO could be and what not to do to prevent injury or damage. I took a small gatorade bottle with gas and capped it, tied a rag around it and set it on fire and stepped wat back. When it finaly burned through the bottle it sounded like a shot gun blast. I'd still like to here more on any vehicle damage. Any takers?

Riddler250 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HALS-GUNSMITHING View Post
    This is good stuff. It will help people relize how serious HHO could be and what not to do to prevent injury or damage. I took a small gatorade bottle with gas and capped it, tied a rag around it and set it on fire and stepped wat back. When it finaly burned through the bottle it sounded like a shot gun blast. I'd still like to here more on any vehicle damage. Any takers?
    no veh damage yet. but we were working on that and my water vapor, my buddy reached down into the bucket of hho and lit it with a small bic. BOOM. scared the crud out of him. Not playing around anymore, this stuff can be very dangerous, be careful

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest
    I heard of a guy on another forum that melted his spark plugs. I would like to get the best MPG gain with out altering any sensors. I just don't think motors were designed to run any leaner than all the manufactures shoot for.

I heard of a guy on another forum that melted his spark plugs. I would like to get the best MPG gain with out altering any sensors. I just don't think motors were designed to run any leaner than all the manufactures shoot for.
    OK ur looking at it the wrong way.

the idea to alter sensors is to compensate for the extra O2 that is put in the exaust.

the O2 sensor reads to much O2 and thinks its running lean so it adds fuel to compensate , all u want to do is make the puter think right.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest
    Yes but being that HHO burns 3x hotter than gas wouldn't you need a richer mixture to compensate?

Yes but being that HHO burns 3x hotter than gas wouldn't you need a richer mixture to compensate?
    yes and no - u are still mixing with gas so heat will not go up much by itself.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Yes the burn should be hotter but it also faster. The idea is the faster burn mean less heat transfer. So the speed of the burn is supose to more than offsets the heat from the hotter burn.

The goal of using HHO is to be get away from using Extra fuel to cool. this is one reason why we can lean it out.

PS. I think the guys spark plug's electrodes MAY have "burnt off" because maybe some electrolyte from his generator was getting into his cylinders. (just a guess)

IronBear Guest

This is a classic...

http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1521

So far the only damage I have manged is to myself while building the cell..

PS. Dont click this if you are squeemish about blood...
    http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/uploa...1221097186.jpg

I think the burned pistons and other similar problems are caused by folks leaning their engines out to much when running HHO.

Dave Nowlin