Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My cell is Built!!!!

stevo11 Guest

My cell is Built!!!!

Man I am stoked... it actually looks better than I figured. All I have left is to build the pwm and efie. Pics will come once my better 1/2 gets home.

I hope yall did not think I was gonna let ya off the hook without another question... What gauge wire should I be using to wire this whole gizmo together with. I am talking from the battery to pwm to cell and anything else in between thats missing.

Stevo

Atm0spher Guest
    hey man good to see you got it built. at home depot they have an amp chart for wire. i know you want to overkill on the wire. i bought 8 guage wire and it is supposed to carry a constant 55 a. i have run it past that b4 and it has never gotten hot or really even warm on me. down side is is not verry flexible. but who cares if your gonna leave it in your car. not so good for bench testing having to change everything around all the time.

Riddler250 Guest
    How many amps do you plan on pulling? I would say 6 or 8ga is fine. 8 will be easier to work with but I wouldntrun 50a through it

stevo11 Guest
    Should I use braded or solid? here are some pics of the cell.

Stevo

Riddler250 Guest
    You willbe fine using braided wire. Solic core is a pain in the ass to work with.

An electrician told me that single core wire is designed for AC and braided for DC. Single core won't work as well with DC.

Not sure how correct this is, perhaps one of the electricians here can confirm?
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Riddler250 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    An electrician told me that single core wire is designed for AC and braided for DC. Single core won't work as well with DC.

With DC you can use either. Braided is just more flexible. Sometimes I use solid core with DC but I prefer braided wire. I don't work with AC but what I have come across its mostly solid don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo11 View Post
    Should I use braded or solid? here are some pics of the cell.

Stevo
    A good looking gen, Can't wait to see the numbers it produces. How many amps do you want to pull?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo11 View Post
    Man I am stoked... it actually looks better than I figured. All I have left is to build the pwm and efie. Pics will come once my better 1/2 gets home.

I hope yall did not think I was gonna let ya off the hook without another question... What gauge wire should I be using to wire this whole gizmo together with. I am talking from the battery to pwm to cell and anything else in between thats missing.

Stevo

Stevo11 Nice job on the cry cell build.How large did you make the equalization holes on the bottom of the plates?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post

My DC shunt is #10 solid wire.

At low frequencies, both braided and solid are equal.

At microwave frequencies, there is an effect called "surface current".

What is true, is that single core wire is mainly USED for ac and braided wire is mainly USED for dc.

So yes, your electrician friend was partially correct.

For our usage it matters not.

BoyntonStu