Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Fabricator here...

Metal Fabricator here...

Hey everyone, I'm glad to finally be a part of this forum. I've been a metal fabricator for 10 yrs. and have only become aware of hho for about 6 months. Like most of you, it has become an addiction.

It's been hard for me to find solid plans from a fabricators stand point, as most of you don't have access to the type of machinery that I do. That's why I would like to offer my services to anyone interested, and at the same time learn a thing or to from some of you.

I have all the material and machinery to produce anything you can conger up, my specialty happens to be in stainless steel (food service, carwash parts, medical industry). So, feel free to contact me for a for a price quote on anything you would like to have made (plates, etc.) For me, this is side work so I can give you all an exceptional deal on parts rather than going through companies that charge the premium.

Welcome to the forum!

What kind of fabrication can you do? For example, if we sent a jpg of a plate design complete with measurements etc, could you produce an exact shape?
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Question

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm glad to finally be a part of this forum. I've been a metal fabricator for 10 yrs. and have only become aware of hho for about 6 months. Like most of you, it has become an addiction.

It's been hard for me to find solid plans from a fabricators stand point, as most of you don't have access to the type of machinery that I do. That's why I would like to offer my services to anyone interested, and at the same time learn a thing or to from some of you.

I have all the material and machinery to produce anything you can conger up, my specialty happens to be in stainless steel (food service, carwash parts, medical industry). So, feel free to contact me for a for a price quote on anything you would like to have made (plates, etc.) For me, this is side work so I can give you all an exceptional deal on parts rather than going through companies that charge the premium.
    Hi!

Welcome to this exciting forum.

Please quote - (13) 316 or 316L Plates for Amoeba

About 20 gauge 18-22 OK

10 --- plates 3.5 x 6 each with two 3/8 holes

1 --- 3.5 x 6 with two 3/8 holes and with a 1/2 x 1-1/2 tab coming off the top with a 1/4 hole for electrical contact

2 ---- plates 3.5 x 6 each with one 3/8 hole in each.

2-- 4.5 x 7 Aluminum plates with 6-32 clearance holes spaced 1" apart around the perimeter.

See the Amoeba Cell operating here and to give you an idea of what I want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x_AFXu9q9k

Note# These dimensions are not critical.

For example, if the SS sheet would yield better numbers for production, 4 x 6 or 3 x 7 plates could also be used.

It is my intention to sell the Amoeba Cell in kit form.

As an aside, can you weld a .375" SS tube to the end plates?

BoyntonStu

I'd like to have 8 8" X 8" 316L SS Plates with cut tabs for a push on wire terminal.

HiTechRedNeck73 Guest
    I'm interested... if I send you AutoCAD files of the plate design can you use that with your equipment? or do you want a different format?

tell me what you want to see it in and I will sent it for a quote...

The machinery i use is rather low-tech, so I would prefer you send a print or a drawing. I have to manually enter information into the shear,punch press, press brakes, etc.. So, rather than an auto-cad file, I need a detailed print or a good explanation of your looking for(hole size, location, etc.)

Thanks for all your interest!! I'm looking forward to working with you guys.

I will respond to some of your request for a quote, within the next couple of days.(when i get back into the shop on monday) I need to check the current price on 316L (18ga.) as this seems to the most popular choice in material. Like all commodities the price changes almost daily, and I want make sure the price is fair for both you and I.

HiTechRedNeck73 Guest
    ok, a print or drawing...

would that be in PDF on the computer and email

or

would that be physical paper print and snail mail

either way with full dimensions and/or printable to 8.5x11 paper and 1:1 scale... right?

PM sent. Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

PDF or jpg. will work, and it doesn't have to be 1:1

You may want to concider a thinner gauge to save some money. I cant see any advantage to using thick 18 ga. 316L.
    What the thinnest you can cut/work with?