Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Metal Fabricator here...

Gary Diamond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    I have come up with a price chart using 20g. 316 s.s.
    You choose the width and height, numbers of holes, and get an instant price.

I will e-mail this chart to anyone interested....
    Do you stainless steel 316L foil??

bigjim56 Guest
    Gary Diamond Quote:

Do you stainless steel 316L foil??

bigjim56:

The science channel had a program on the other night that I recorded (How Its Made) on how stainless steel is produced.

Those big blocks had me lickin' my chops. To be reduced to a foil is an accomplishment indeed, thank the lord for hydraulics!

bigjim56

Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post
    First of all, I would like to say that I do not use 430 grade stainless, but
    I do want to point out a fact that does not seem to be apparent throughout this thread, or even through out the forum..........

Rergardless of what plate grades you use (at least in a wet cell design), they need to be connected to the source of current..........

When is the last time you found 430 SS grade nuts and bolts, or for that matter, 316 nuts and bolts (either regular, or L grade)?

In virtually every circumstance (in the USA), you will encounter 18-8 ss nuts, and bolts (which is the same as 304 grade).

Whenever you use two different grades of materials, either above or below the water line, the weaker grade, will always corrode!

However, if you select your plate materials, with the fastener grades in mind, you can yoke the materials evenly!

With no imbalance of material grades, even the softer materials can last a very long time!

But without that balance, even the 316L, will react with the softer bolts, eating away at the connection points of contact, possibly causing a spark!

It is always the softer metal that is eaten up, but materials in balanced composition, do not suffer that consequence!

In the HHO quest, never mix material compositions!
    I dont think this is a problem if the contact points are out of the electrolyte solution. Dry, non moving dissimilar metal corrosion would NOT be a problem IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hhothekilla View Post
    Hello Gents and Ladies! I was wondering if anyone has tried AL-6XN Stainless steel? It has greater corrosion resistance than 316L. It also has higher levels of nickle which means low magnetic characteristics. With very high levels of molybdenum which contributes to the high corrosion resistance. It is also supposed to be less expensive than the traditional stainless steels. I believe this alloy was created because of cloride pitting. This alloy eliminates pitting and stress corrosion.
    That looks to me like the best suited SS I've seen for what were doing, Wow. About 15 Xs more corrosion resistant than 316L in heated 50% Sodium Hydroxide solution!!!!
    http://www.al6xn.com/about_properties.php

The question is now can we buy it in our relatively very small quantities? and at what cost? i could not even find if they make/sell it buy the sheets? anyway nice find

SCM do you sell SS tubing? 1.5", 1.25", and 1.0" I'm looking a couple of 4'-6' lengths

im interested in some plates scm.please pm me.thanks.