Thread: Adjusting the efie

midnight1957 Guest

Adjusting the efie

I am in the process of installing my generator with a PWM and an efie.

My efie is a single control. To adjust it I have heard that you turn the knob from rich to the point that the engine stsrts to sputter then turn it back just enough for the engine to run normal again, is this the correct way to do it if not tell me how.

Also since my efie is a single one and most of my trips are short maybe 5 to 10 miles some city driving and some in the rural areas. How do you compensate in the different driving.

Once yop get the efie adjusted can you leave it alone or is it something that you need to adjust from time to time?

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
    Wade

Quote Originally Posted by midnight1957 View Post
    I am in the process of installing my generator with a PWM and an efie.

My efie is a single control. To adjust it I have heard that you turn the knob from rich to the point that the engine stsrts to sputter then turn it back just enough for the engine to run normal again, is this the correct way to do it if not tell me how.

Also since my efie is a single one and most of my trips are short maybe 5 to 10 miles some city driving and some in the rural areas. How do you compensate in the different driving.

Once yop get the efie adjusted can you leave it alone or is it something that you need to adjust from time to time?

Wade

You will need a richer fuel mixture in town than on the highway. If you only have one adjustment you might need to find the happy medium. If you make the engine sputter at an idle with no load then adjust to get it to run smooth you will have no acceleration. Start slow with a small adjustment and keep working with it until you feel any loss of power then back off. If you lean it out too much you can overheat your combustion chamber and burn holes in your pistons. BAD DEAL. Thousands of dollars.

midnight1957 Guest
    Thanks for the reply, if I should lean it out too much and the combustion temp goes up will the temp gauge go up also?

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by midnight1957 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, if I should lean it out too much and the combustion temp goes up will the temp gauge go up also?

Wade
    Your water temp guage will not show your combustion temp's. If you want to be sure get a cylinder head temp guage or at least an exhaust temp guage. You will blow your engine way before your car ever overheats. Never let your head temp go more than 75 degrees above normal non enhansed operation.