Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Lexan is another name for polycarbonate.

Polyethylene is a completely different plastic and much more chemical resistant to KOH and NaOH than polycarbonate is. In fact, polyethylene is the plastic used to store these chemicals. It's labeled as HDPE, which is High Density Polyethylene. The UHMW polyethylene has the added benefit over HDPE as virtually unbreakable and high abrasion resistance while being about 10x easier to work with than polycarbonate.
I tried polycarbonate before. Not only it chips when you drill in it, does crack, breaks under high psi applied to it by tightening bolts around dry cells, and it dissolves at lowest 10% concentration! That is not it. It is most expensive plastic material you could use in your cell and it is complete waste of money! A sheet of 1" x 4' x 8' costs over $600!

Now I use polypropylene, it is low in price ($320 for the same size sheet), does not experience all the problems I listed above, highly durable under any KOH concentration, has high melting point ...

I have pleasure working with this type of plastic aka best stuff you can get for the money you have, and it is fitting HHO Dry Cell application the best over any competitors!

10 lpm + ..........................................
The cells draws about 35-40 amps when cold and around 50-60 when heated up.
IT IS PURE BULLSH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No cell ever will produce that much lpm with these amps, especially this type of semi-wet student project!
Even the best cell, in ideal environment, with most polished design, etc. will barely do half of the lpm per the amps stated!