Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10+ lpm cell (with pictures)

hitf Guest

10+ lpm cell (with pictures)

Our cell is designed, tested, and proven and we selling them all around the country.

Measurements:

20" x 13" x 9"

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...gramtopjpg.jpg

Holds 6.5 gallons of water.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...emidiagram.jpg

The cells are made from 430 stainless steel

The studs, washers and nuts are 316.

THE CELL WILL NOT BE MADE FROM ABS (like in the picture) THEY WILL BE MADE FROM ALIUMIUM WITH LEXAN LINED WALLS.

sho14u Guest
    Well thats great that you made something you can sell, but what are the paramiters? What is the current draw? Cold and warm? What kind of heat does it produce after running for about an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by hitf View Post
    Our cell is designed, tested, and proven and we selling them all around the country.

Measurements:

20" x 13" x 9"

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...gramtopjpg.jpg

Holds 6.5 gallons of water.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...emidiagram.jpg

The cells are made from 430 stainless steel

The studs, washers and nuts are 316.

THE CELL WILL NOT BE MADE FROM ABS (like in the picture) THEY WILL BE MADE FROM ALIUMIUM WITH LEXAN LINED WALLS.

sales@hydrogenisthefuture.com
    Nice job. Lots o rust in that water I see though. What is the individual cell voltage? What is the overall input voltage? Why 430 stainless?

What electrolyte?
    Have you seen what happens to Lexan when exposed to electrolysis and KOH or NaOH?

I might suggest UHMW polyethylene instead of Lexan.

Overall, good work.

what changes did you make?
    did you change your 2n config or series the cells?
    how does 430 compare to 316L?
    whats with the brown water?
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

hitf Guest
    The cells draws about 35-40 amps when cold and around 50-60 when heated up.

The heat of the cell will not go higher than 145 with the right amount of sodium hydroxide.

The brown stuff n the water is from a small amount of tap water that was is the cell from the first test that we did with tap water.

the cell config is the same as before -nn+nn-

I didnt change anything, just added less Sodium Hydroxide. It has 1 ml per gallon. The first test had about 1.65 ml. per gallon. We lowered that to 1 ml and it works great.

Has ran for over 18 hours with the temp not reaching over 145.

I have been build cells of all kinds for 10 months or so and have found that 430 stainless works better than 304, 316l, or anything that I have tried. Plus it is cheaper and looks better after being ran for months.

The cells draws about 35-40 amps when cold and around 50-60 when heated up.

The heat of the cell will not go higher than 145 with the right amount of sodium hydroxide.

The brown stuff n the water is from a small amount of tap water that was is the cell from the first test that we did with tap water.

the cell config is the same as before -nn+nn-

I didnt change anything, just added less Sodium Hydroxide. It has 1 ml per gallon. The first test had about 1.65 ml. per gallon. We lowered that to 1 ml and it works great.

Has ran for over 18 hours with the temp not reaching over 145.

I have been build cells of all kinds for 10 months or some and have found that 430 stainless works better than 304, 316l, or anything that I have tried. Plus it is cheaper and looks better after being ran for months.
    Very cool, so have you seen any pitting in your plates after a few months with 430 stainless? I am guessing your individual cell voltage is ~4v. Do you have any pics of the 430 stainless after a few months useage?

hitf Guest
    I have seen a little pitting on the plates after use but the 430 pits are nothing like the 316l pits.

hitf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Nice job. Lots o rust in that water I see though. What is the individual cell voltage? What is the overall input voltage? Why 430 stainless?

What electrolyte?
    Have you seen what happens to Lexan when exposed to electrolysis and KOH or NaOH?

I might suggest UHMW polyethylene instead of Lexan.

Overall, good work.

Isn't Lexan just a name brand for polyethylene?

Isn't Lexan just a name brand for polyethylene?
    Lexan is another name for polycarbonate.

Polyethylene is a completely different plastic and much more chemical resistant to KOH and NaOH than polycarbonate is. In fact, polyethylene is the plastic used to store these chemicals. It's labeled as HDPE, which is High Density Polyethylene. The UHMW polyethylene has the added benefit over HDPE as virtually unbreakable and high abrasion resistance while being about 10x easier to work with than polycarbonate.

I have seen a little pitting on the plates after use but the 430 pits are nothing like the 316l pits.
    Very nice. I'll have to give this a whirl as Ace Hardware sells 430 in sheets. I'll have to do my mini dry cell in 430 and see what happens. I'll be using distilled water and KOH. Thanks for the info and good luck with your sale.