Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10+ lpm cell (with pictures)

GreenEngineer Guest
    I hope this thing isn't for sale, and it's just someone's highschool science project. I wouldn't know where to start on all the design flaws.
    I know. Let's start with the lie about 430 being better than 316L. Type 430is used for automotive trim with reduced temperature and corrosion resistance of other 400 series types. That lie alone should be enough to tip off any knowledgable person.

hitf Guest
    Lie? How many test have you done with 430 vs 316l?

Hey, how about instead of flaming each other, we actually do a test? Hmm? That sounds like a good idea to me. Anyone else agree?

I'll definitely go along with the no flaming idea. Let's put a spark arrestor on it and let's not make this site a bashing party like I've seen so many other sites do.
    Thank you

GreenEngineer Guest
    I'm sorry, but when I see posts like this I think some debunking is in order.
    About what I know, I'll start with my 2 Engineering Degrees, 3 years of Chemistry, 2 years of Physics, 4 years of Calculus, and 12 years of design and quality engineering experience in the field of high-tech manufacturing.
    If you like we can have a real discussion of this 10 cell in a bath contraption about electrolysis plate configuration, electrolyte conductivity, thermal-electrical efficiency, material corrosion factors, and definitely consumer safety.
    Any thing that I state, I can back up with real data and science. How about you trucker?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEngineer View Post
    I'm sorry.....

Not to doubt your qualifications, but could you provide a simple explanation beyond just "material corrosion factors" why we shouldn't be using 430 stainless. BTW, I think we are all aware of the material's magnetic properties. I would really like to know before I go wasting my time testing or building with the material. Thanks.

hitf Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEngineer View Post
    I'm sorry, but when I see posts like this I think some debunking is in order.
    About what I know, I'll start with my 2 Engineering Degrees, 3 years of Chemistry, 2 years of Physics, 4 years of Calculus, and 12 years of design and quality engineering experience in the field of high-tech manufacturing.
    If you like we can have a real discussion of this 10 cell in a bath contraption about electrolysis plate configuration, electrolyte conductivity, thermal-electrical efficiency, material corrosion factors, and definitely consumer safety.
    Any thing that I state, I can back up with real data and science. How about you trucker?
    Wow.... you sound like a really smart person, but if you wanna play with HHO take everything that you have learned in school and forget about it. :

Btw 430 does work a lot better, even if people use if for auto trim.

Yep, education is good but it is my belief that science has too many times put up walls being so called laws that limits us mentally as to what we are really capable of doing. Most laws of physics started out as theories and as time went on if not proven otherwise became a law of physic meaning it's impossible to do otherwise. An open mind and good common sense is one of the greatest tools we have. Put that with our sciences of today and there's no telling were we can go.

GreenEngineer Guest
    There is nothing open minded about ignoring industry standards and time tested data. There is nothing new about the science of HHO production through electolysis which was fathered by Michael Faraday (ring a bell) and is a process widely used in our chemical industry.
    To keep it simple, Type 316L has less Carbon content than 430 and also contains Molybdenum. This composition makes it more resistant to pitting and general corrosion, and 316L is the industry choice for use with alkaline solutions.
    The only way to really know if you have 316L is to get it from a reliable source like a commercial steel supplier or to test it yourself for Molybdenum content.

I shore do hope we'ens don't have anutter Scooterdog in heer.....