Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Testimonials!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L
    2 tbsp KOH per gal at 22 amps, also a Volo FS2. Currently getting 21 mpg highway driving the ups and downs of Connecticut highways.

Not sure what else I can do for better mileage. Still happy for the increase

Question No gain.

I made my own dry cell. 11 plate (+NNNN-NNNN+). I run KOH (1/2 tbsp per quart of distilled water as electrolyte. Fed into secondary bubbler, then into intake right before butterfly valve. Volo FS2 chip. 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (4" lift, 35" tires). Stock milage was about 17.5, down to 13.5 after lift/tires. Ran HHO without PWM for one tank (30 amps=2LPM) and saw absolutely no increase. Installed PWM at 50% duty cycle keeps amps at 15 and produces just over 1LPM. Reset chip and ran another 22 gallon tank. Still no increase. I have not run any scientific test runs like same pump, same ..... but I always use same gas station, and pretty much have the same driving environment as I live in houston and the land is flat. half city/half highway. I am very impressed with the set up I built. I believe it is about as effecient a cell there is, but I am not getting any improvement in mileage. Any ideas?

also have 1996 Jeep i want to install in if i see results as well as 1992 Isuzu pick up.

Finally getting results to make me smile.
    took a while to get to a formula for results.

5.3L 2002 Chevy Avalanche,
    I have an 18 plate dry cell,
    running 10tbsp koh at 15amps. (don't know how many lpm it's creating)

anyhow, it's mostly highway mileage, originally was doing about 18mpg highway, this past week hit 22.7 mpg, and that is on not-so flat land and A/C pumping with this 90 degree heat.

Anxious to see how I do this coming week hauling 6,000lbs of camper to upstate NY.

a big thank you to Mike for his communication recently..

Personal Results

Family Car 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 Liter 4 cyl.
    Previous Mileage of 21.5 city and 30 hwy.
    Addition of HHO Mileage 25 city and best hwy is 48, 44 is average on hwy.

Bought Cell from HHO kits direct
    Single (appears to be 8 plates) cell
    4 TBSP of NaOH is producing 1.5 liters a minute at 18-20 amps

1993 Silverado 1500 2wd 5.7 liter engine city mileage increased from 12.5 to 16.45.
    pvc wet cell design, 16 plates running at 20 amps.

Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    Been playing with hho on my 2003 ranger 2.3 liter for about 4 months now. Have increased my mpg by 37.5%. 343.2miles, 11.142 gallons. 30.8mi/gal.
    Baseline was 22.4 mpg.

My setup is 2 sets of 6, +nnnn-, 316 ss, 2.5 inch wide X 4.5 high, 0.067 inch spacing. Quart bottle, 30 oz distilled, with 1/4 tsp potassium hydroxide. Running 4 to 5 amps.

Put in a 1/2 gallon bottle sunday at 7.5 amps, will report when I get data.

7/26/08 25.7% with the 1/2 gallon. I think it dropped from 37.5% because it never got warm.
    8/20/08 28% , same setup with more KOH. Increased current from 4-5 amps to 5-6 amps on this run.
    and you too drive on small amps

I drive skoda felicija 1.9diesel...no electronic garbage
    cell is without holes,isolated and flooded in electrolite 20% NaOH in pipe container...electrodes 250x50mm,-nnnnnn+ ...3A-0.4lpm...
    -before hho 6-6.5l/100km
    -now 4l/100km...that is cell for winter,because for 3 month temp.
    -10c...-20c..

Just built a small generator out of a tread mill motor, made blades out of s 40 pvc. Mounted to rear of my ford ranger and I'm running my hho from the output of the generator with only a fuse and amp meter in line. I'm pulling about 1.7 amps at 50 mph. Not using my alternator-battery in the vehicle. Compensated for wind drag with a flow through tailgate. Blades on generator are only about 9" long about 21" dia. Need to add lye to mix in hho generator for better output and also need to file blades for better airfoil,just ruff cut for now. Look a little stupid running down the road wit a fan on the back of my truck but it's working. Don't know for sure about the hho output for now but using the car battery I pulled about 2.5 to 5 amps.I'm putting pulsating dc into the cell.Happy trails.

HHO Stuff

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, but have been getting into this HHO stuff for almost a year now. I am currently at the point where I am seeking to make and install HHO units for others -since it really does work! My test car is a 1991 Corolla Hatchback (Japanese type). It has a carb, no computer, and a 1.3L engine, so you know it's ready for HHO with no hassle.
    Right now, I finish the week with a little less than 1/2 tank of gas. Normally, it would be about 1/4 tank, so I can easily see savings there.
    It is kinda hard to calculate the actual mileage right now, since between my wife and I, the car's carrying around approx 400 lbs of weight. That affects the mileage for sure -and we also pick up a co-worker at times.
    The tank holds a little over 10 gallons. Also, we are using 87 E10 (in Jamaica), so you know we get a bit less power due to the 10% ethanol present in the gasoline.
    The bottom line is that it works well.
    I will have to remove the HHO unit for a week to get my current base mileage.
    Then I could get the proper gains to show the %, but it's kind hard to do than when I am saving at least $1,500 per week. That's approx. $17 USD.

BTW...dry cell is the way to go!

Like some of you here, I started with the Water4Gas jar setup. I have had to do a LOT of improvisation, since the parts are not readily available in Jamaica. After much research, I built many types of wet-cell electrolyzers. However, after building my first dry cell and checking the output, I can say that the two designs are worlds apart when it comes to output and efficiency, among other things. The wet cell was practically a waste of time, but I learned a WHOLE lot by starting out that way.

Welcome to the forum Fox. There is a ton of info in this forum and good people as well. Darrell

Thanks for the welcome!
    I have been here before, but decided to become a member only after I got a good electrolyser installed.
    My setup is currently a home made...
    -13 plate Dry Cell (2P,1N,10 Neutrals. +NNNNN-NNNNN+ ).
    -5.5"x7" SS plates (cut with metal-shears and much effort)
    -1/8" thick, 1/2" wide Rubber Gaskets.
    -The cell spat out 2 LPM of, very cool to the touch, HHO from the get-go, with zero conditioning
    Sorry, not sure about the amperage, since my 20AMP fuse was melted 6-10 minutes after testing (May have been longer since I was in awe at the output).
    -20% NaOH in distilled water in my Reservoir/Bubbler. Vinegar in my second bubbler.
    After research, I found that I only need 1/4 to 1/2 (in LPM) the engine size. Example: 2L engine needs 1/2 to 1LPM of HHO.
    I set it to work at approx 7 amps after that to see if I could hit the target for my 1.3L engine.
    I will have to do some more measuring when the liquid is warm to see what I am really getting.
    Any questions or input is welcome. I hope I can add to the forum, and learn as well.