Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Testimonials!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.K., now you don't sound like a BS artist
    Being an engineer, you should really build a drycell reactor. If you research them, you'll be able to see why they're so much better than the 'wet cell' approach. As I'm sure you know, the key to improving MPG's and performance is efficiency.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Autowrench View Post
    As I said, I have done a lot of other things to the engine too, I am a retied automotive engineer, and know ways to double mileage without a generator, that is simply icing on the cake. Upgrading your ignition system to 50,000 volts helps a lot, and the right plugs, primary wires, cam and lifters, engine timing, all are a factor. The latest test we ran we were getting 39 mpg on the highway.
    I'm sure im NOT alone here in saying, "i do think your claims are possible". (maybe in the minority) But I can tell you for sure that most who make 100% plus gain claims are full of BS.

I would like to here more about your project van. What was the single best Mod you did for MPG?( besides HHO). Could you list them in order? Thanks Roland
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

I've been tinkering with hho for a couple of years on my 94 suburban, 5.7 TBI. The best I've been able to get is about a 10% increase in MPG, however I do see a noticeable increase in power. I started out building wet cells that generated around 1 lpm but as everyone knows heating was a problem as well as the amp draw. I finally broke down and bought a duel dry cell set up that works much better. It is making 3-4 lpm at about 25-28 amps. To be on the safe side I installed a continuous duty coil and pull power directly off of the battery rather than through the wiring harness, I burnt up the ignition switch about a year ago and it was not fun to replace. 39 MPG sounds a little high to me but who knows. I do believe that mid to upper 20's are achievable on a Chevy TBI. I bought a 91 half ton 4X4 new and it normally got around 20 MPG, but I think the quality of gasoline was much better 20 years ago. I am going to try out some of the things that the above gentleman did to his van, performance coil, new MAP sensor, etc. I've also been reading about Sea Foam so I'm going to run that through the fuel system also. My truck has 300,000 miles on it but the engine is still tight plus I perform regular maintenance including using synthetic oil. I'll keep checking back to update any gains and hopefully give some new ideas.

Is that true? Steam considered it? Boiling water

Quote Originally Posted by sokeway View Post
    yes, means ur cell is getting too hot, and wasting power and efficiency.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Quote Originally Posted by soda_pop503 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by volomike View Post
    Also, even when I turned off the HHO, the engine had a great effect -- we were still getting 24mpg, as if the process cleaned out the engine, and then the engine light we had on for several months (before we experimented with HHO) went out.
    If you turned your HHO generator off and still continued to get 24 MPG, then the improvement was not from the HHO burning. Theoretically it could have cleaned things up though.
    I'm pulling my hair out here. HHO on the vehicle in question, and most of these OBDII cars leans out fuel. Thats why everyone says their engine is more powerful, lean=mean. ECM relearns fuel trims over time, adjusts and after a while gas mileage isn't that spectacular anymore (very few newer cars this won't happen, diesel & older OBDI i dunno, carbs go ahead with HHO). Some people may have short term success on OBDII efi with HHO just because the gas is injected so inefficiently while driving there are large quantities and then short voids that the computer has a hard time relearning. Or there may be an inherent problem with the vehicles sensors or maybe cat or something to begin with. Then people will keep adding more gas as the computer tries to correct a lean condition and the process takes longer.

Then gas mileage drops one day and you pay 90$ for something to throw off voltage to the o2 sensor, and the process starts over. Then another 100$ for something to change voltage to the MAF, and the computer starts to relearn again. ahh!. All this $$$ spent on HHO, play with it in the garage, wait till you buy a car with a carb or can tune well. Call a mail order tune company and talk to them, send in your PCM, have it reprogrammed for a 'gas mileage' tune. They will lean out the fuel and advance timing on high octane tables. Pay for 93 octane, get 2-4mpg+ with the tune and use less right foot, pay for 89 octane get nothing, its all in the tune (its not practical to tune low octane tables via mail its a failsafe to fall back on). This is only 90-120$. This is a very similar effect as adding HHO, but it doesn't go away- the settings are programmed into the PCM. Pay a few hundred and get a little more mileage and advice from a local experienced tuner who does not have to standardize & limit the tune as much as a mail order place.

Didn't mean to drag this thread off topic. Some people are actually doing this the right way and I'm sure have real results that don't go away.

hho

Iv"e been using it for five years. Have it in a 1984 Toyota motor home, 1990 F350 Diesel, Large Diesel box van, 1956 Thunderbird, 2000 Dodge neon, and two Harley, Have over 25000 miles on Toyota, This was my first test car, 22R motors are easy to replace and had nothing but good to say about it. I was going up a big grade at 40,45 mph getting 13 mpg, put hho on and went 65,70 at 16 mpg. After that I put it on everything I own. Not just good mileage but ran better then ever before. The power you get is insane. The boxvan could only go 15 mph up hill now it gets better then 55mph and no smoke. Check out my Flicker page out, Google sirrahnor any Questions just ask you can get my contact info from Google.

I have installed my dry cell and it has been in use for about a week and although the improvement was not instantaneous after 100 or so miles I have been showing some improvements judging by my gas gauge.I also have a scangauge but im not trusting its readings. 46mpg to work 42mpg back. Last summer my best mpg was 41.7.The car also is running extremely smooth. Still have improvements to make to my cell it is very basic right now.I am also running an efie at about .1v. Hope to improve my mileage to 50mpg soon!

good luck for all

y friend got 53% in his honda, but your the best I've seen so far.