Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best hho kit to buy?

mikem1977 Guest

best hho kit to buy?

I know, I know, you can build your own and I would love to play around with and experiment with different setups but I dont really have the time rite now. I want a good setup that is not gonna get hot and will produce enough HHO for my little 2.2 liter truck. Ive already bought a POS off ebay that just makes lots of steam and leaks all over the place. Ive been reading through this foruma and many others just trying to get an idea on what to build and at this point if one exists that is tried and true id rather buy now and do my own experimenting later in the year. So, can anyone reccomend a GOOD setup that I wont have heat issues or excess current draw issues with?....Thanks a bunch...theres just so many people advertising "mine is the best" never know whats junk and whats legit!...thanks again...Mike

well theres lots for sale on the web - and dont go buy a cheapy off ebay, pay a decent amount.

and dont buy the ones with glass or wire instead of plates.

and theres those that say 316 ss only. but doesnt mean 304 is bad.

then what do u classify as too much heat?
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

mikem1977 Guest

thankx

thanks...when I say hot I mean the damn water is boiling in the cell. The pos I got from ebay...i posted on here about it...has turned out to suck..no matter what I try it just gets hot and eventually boils the water...my truck is YOTA with the 22r..older carbed engine...any ideas..thanks

pm'ed ya.

have a look
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

mikem1977 Guest

thanks!...what is your configuration and spacing. IM not gonna build one now just curious as to what makes the big heating difference. How much koh do you add to a gallon and how hot does the water get? I had been measuring mine with a laser from the outside...it was readin 150F..when I checked it internally it was 210!....MAKIN lots of steam. The seller is taking it back supposedly, well see if I get a refund

mine is around 140 to 155 F and only about 5 -10 degree's hotter inside.

with my current setup ive never hit over 175 even with 35 amps(dont recomend 35 amps Though).

and plate gap is at 1/6" - typical.

and KOH is dependant on how many amps u want to draw.
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

mikem1977 Guest

Thanks for the input. I have read all over that pvc will start to deform around 150f, the last cell I had I sent back cause it was getting way too hot, it would measure 150 on the outside but was over 200 inside, it waS not pvc but at 200 degrees it was lots of steam. Someone has to make a complete setup that works or maybe not?....IVe tried two now and they both didnt even come close to what they are suppose to do. Id really like to get a setup that works and install it in my truck and see what its gonna do. Looks like im gonna be building my own

Quote Originally Posted by mikem1977 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I have read all over that pvc will start to deform around 150f
    dont know who tolt u that, ive never had a problem.
    and all i use is pvc
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Check Out : Hydroreactors.com
    Think They Raised Prices Recently Since The Ike Storm But Seems A Good Product Now. Good Luck To You!! Hh

CPVC is a little more expensive than PVC but has a working temp of 212 and a forming temp over 300 degrees. Just my 2 cents but I would not buy a Gen in pipe at all. Pipes are ok as resevoirs etc. but just an inexpensive alternative for a more expensive set up. Good end plates and good gasket material seperating 316L plates seems to produce best with lower heat. I also would opt for more water capacity, more plates, and less heat. You do not really want stram containing KOH or SaOH in your aluminum intake. I also would like to see the Gen sellers actually do volume tests with temp tests as well as MPG tests on actual vehicles. The tests that you can actually see are vague at best. It is easy to make steam. I would not pay a dime unless I was sure it was making HHO instead of steam.