Thread: Full HHO Lawnmower?

Full HHO Lawnmower?

Just wondering if anyoone was working on an HHO dependent lawn mower. Well not exactly just doing it, I have seen it beeing done. I'm talking about making it practical. The biggest area of concern is the power source, and since lawn mowers use no alternator(obviously), the power would have to come from maybe another external source. If you are one of the few who use electric mowers, then there is probably a way to tap into that energy to run the cell, but then what's the point as no gas is used anyway. So I was thinking something along these lines: Externally mount your HHO generator and some sort of high output battery. The generator must be effecient enought to run the generator and not kill the battery for around 30 minutes. After your done, simply recharge the battery.
    Just felt like this was an area not really looked into, that has the ability to be used and profit gained from.
    1995 Chevy Camaro
    17 MPG base city/highway
    Listening to Van Halen

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen View Post
    Just wondering if anyoone was working on an HHO dependent lawn mower. Well not exactly just doing it, I have seen it beeing done. I'm talking about making it practical. The biggest area of concern is the power source, and since lawn mowers use no alternator(obviously), the power would have to come from maybe another external source. If you are one of the few who use electric mowers, then there is probably a way to tap into that energy to run the cell, but then what's the point as no gas is used anyway. So I was thinking something along these lines: Externally mount your HHO generator and some sort of high output battery. The generator must be effecient enought to run the generator and not kill the battery for around 30 minutes. After your done, simply recharge the battery.
    Just felt like this was an area not really looked into, that has the ability to be used and profit gained from.

It'll take at least 500 LPH or 8 LPM to get it barely over idle.

DrBrown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    It'll take at least 500 LPH or 8 LPM to get it barely over idle.
    WOW! That would require a pretty serious cell setup to get 8lph. I'm sure with 3-4 cells it could be done though! The problem is your generator(s) are constantly putting out the same volume of HHO, or slowly increasing as it gets hotter. With those carbs on small tractor engines it might be tough to make it run smooth at all throttle levels. That's where you'd need an adjustable PWM or something. After we have nuclear fall out you wont need to mow hte grass, the radiation will take care of it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by DrBrown View Post
    WOW! That would require a pretty serious cell setup to get 8lph. I'm sure with 3-4 cells it could be done though! The problem is your generator(s) are constantly putting out the same volume of HHO, or slowly increasing as it gets hotter. With those carbs on small tractor engines it might be tough to make it run smooth at all throttle levels. That's where you'd need an adjustable PWM or something. After we have nuclear fall out you wont need to mow hte grass, the radiation will take care of it! lol
    Good point Doc liked the humor too LOL

Jaxom Guest
    Most mowers these days are speed regulated anyway..the throttles will open/close as needed to maintain engine speed. Therefore, all you need is a constant-pressure HHO supply that is adequate to meet the demands and you're cool. This could easily be accomplished with a PWM that is duty-cycle controlled by a pressure sensor on the electrolyzer output line. Pump the HHO directly into the carb, crimp off the fuel hose, and it should work fine.

Producing enough HHO to keep up with the demand is still a problem.

Super Fuel FX Guest

Waste Spark?

Doesn't the 4 cycle engine utilize a waste spark? Would that not ignite any HHO coming into the engine?

yes the waste spark is a problem. also the timing needs to be at top dead center if you were to run on pure hho

Jaxom Guest
    Waste spark may or not be a problem depending on valve timing and how it relates to ignition timing. If the plug fires after the intake valve starts to open, then you'll have a real nasty HHO backfire through the intake. As long as the spark occurs before the intake valve opens, it will be fine.