Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few problems with my hho

tullyamo Guest

A few problems with my hho

I am new here and have read these forums for the past several weeks in anticipation of finally getting to post. I have done a smack design and see myself having a few problems.

the setup is a 14 plate system.

+nnn nn nn--nn nn nnn+

the positive lead comes down and attaches to the top of the outside plate and there is a piece at the bottom that connect the outside of one side to the other. All parts are insulated until they contact the plates to avoid leak.

The problem is only one side of the electrode component is working. The side the positive lead comes in on is working and the side that the bridge goes to is not working or produces very very minimal bubbles if anything.

One of the other issues that I am having is the electronics of a 1986 Chevy Silverado 10 series. The questions are: will I need 02 extenders, will I need map/maf/efie, and where should I connect the output line of hho in order to pipe it into the engine?

--tullyamo--

I'ld say you have too many neutral plates a +nnnnn-nnnnn+ will work much better

Super Fuel FX Guest
    I'd say that you should use a MAP Enhancer in order to get the best benefits of HHO.

tullyamo Guest
    Thought I would post a picture to better explain what is going on in the cell.
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...lyamoHHO-1.jpg

Still not sure why it is only producing on one side rather then both. Is this because of the odd number of plates on the end? Could someone tell me the voltage that this is drawing with the odd number of plates?

*oic - the configuration you have, are there just nylon spaces in between all the plates and nuts on the ends and middle?

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest
    Maybee a bad connection across the bottom + jumper? Try tightening the lead and insulating it from leakage.

tullyamo Guest
    I have dip insulated the entire bottom and all the lead from the nut up to the bolt to the top of the canister.

use a volt meter across each set of plates. you want at least 1.5 volts across each plate. make sure the connections are good also. I use a ss pop rivit to ss strap for my connections. I also use small ceramic magnets as spacers. they're about 3mm thick. available from radio shack. the magnets create a field which seams to increase production. they also attract eachother which holds the cell together suprisingly tight

tullyamo Guest
    One quick question on testing the volts per each set.

Do I hold one probe on the negative lead then just positive probe each plate?

exactly. from negative to the next neutral plate you should have at least 1.5 volts. from negative to the second neutral plate you would read 3 volts and so on

Your cell is only producing on one side because the current is taking the path of least resistance...from the positive lead on the right to the negative in the center (in your diagram.) You can fix it by adding another positive lead to the left. I also suggest taking out some neutrals, maybe 2-4 from both sides, whatever is the most efficient.