Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry Cell Plate config

JoeCool Guest

Lowes plates assembly

Hey fellow HHOers!

I was wondering what you are using to attach the Lowes Home Improvement plates to each other, and what spacing you are using. I have tried to assemble them using plastic toilet bowl seat bolts and plastic washers for about 1/8" spacing but the curvature of the plate always produces issues and eventually I lose connection - probably due to either my copper wiring being in the solution, or rust/erosion of the wire connectors... Anybody have any thoughts on the connections, while I'm at it?

Oh, and who all is using Mason Jars - or are you guys using PVC or building your own plexiglas boxes?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
    Hey fellow HHOers!

I was wondering what you are using to attach the Lowes Home Improvement plates to each other, and what spacing you are using. I have tried to assemble them using plastic toilet bowl seat bolts and plastic washers for about 1/8" spacing but the curvature of the plate always produces issues and eventually I lose connection - probably due to either my copper wiring being in the solution, or rust/erosion of the wire connectors... Anybody have any thoughts on the connections, while I'm at it?

Oh, and who all is using Mason Jars - or are you guys using PVC or building your own plexiglas boxes?

Thanks!
    Hi Joe,

Contact between plates due to the angled edges is one issue with the dry cells constructed from Lowes plates, I was using an 0.040" gap with PVC shower pan liner and not placing bolts through the plates themselves, I would sandwich them between two plastic end plates and use the bolt pressure to create a seal.

For connections, I used a dremel to cut tabs in the top of the angles, you can then use spade connectors for the poles.

DO NOT use mason or any other kind of glass for reservoirs, bubblers etc unless you are going to surround it with something that can resist an HHO explosion. An HHO explosion inside a glass jar may as well be a fragmentation grenade going off. I use plastics, like PVC.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
    Hey fellow HHOers!

Thanks!
    Sounds like you are building an open bath setup. Am I correct?