Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried urine?

in_style Guest

Has anyone tried urine?

as an electrolite? it is full of electrlites. It acctually contains 1.5 volts. There is a company in some other country that is makeing **** powered batteries.
    Pure urine contains plenty of h20 and therfor plenty of hho. I would like to find out what happens, but don't much feel like peeing into my tube. lol

3Wolf4 Guest
    Wouldn't there be an odor when it got warmer or "Hit with the Juice"?

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest
    Their would probably be mineral deposits and amonia gas.

IronBear Guest
    The suspended waste proteins and various mineral salts would beg for it to be settled before it could be used. Possibly you could boil it off and seperate the wastes from the basics, but the energy to do that probably outweighs the effectiveness.

Better to stick to known variables.

patricke123 Guest

Unhappy

Oh well I was going to start selling "Patrick's Secret Magic Electrolyte" on ebay for $5 an ounce

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by patricke123 View Post
    Oh well I was going to start selling "Patrick's Secret Magic Electrolyte" on ebay for $5 an ounce
    That's way too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

urine?

Come on now, be serious.

we all know there's ammonia in urine, and that would kill you in gas form I'm sure.

screwballl Guest
    Urine aka in more pure form, Urea, is (NH2)2 CO

Now human or animal urine may be similar but as the acidity/base of it varies on what we eat and drink and smoke, and with the added amount of waste materials in it, there would not be a real baseline measurement system unless someone did nothing but eat one thing that caused his urine to be a specific alkalinity for a week or so.

I comment on this slightly older thread because I read something about this online some weeks back and this was the key argument against it.

smid1 Guest

pee ( urine )

won't pee freeze too ?

IronBear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknikL View Post
    Come on now, be serious.

we all know there's ammonia in urine, and that would kill you in gas form I'm sure.
    Actually there is no ammonia in urine. Ammonia is a byproduct of the breakdown of urine by bacteria. If its clarified before using, you should have no ammonia.

Ammonia will not kill you in concentrations you will probabaly encounter. Ask anyone who has ever left their cat box sit for too long....