Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flow analysis of a dry cell

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    It looks to me that the favourable current path is simply input hole to nearest output hole, hence the stronger stripe from higher current electrolysis.

The EBN guys, btw, are working on a new design of dry cell that is very interesting. The plates (without holes) are suspended in gaskets that feed in from the bottom (through the gaskets) and gas exits out the top of the gasket past a pattern of + shapes (offset to prevent splashing). Fluid level is maintained by slits in the top of the gasket sides, which allow the fluid to flow out and back down to the feed. Effectively, the top of the cell is open, but electrolyte cannot get up that far. A manifold system is used boh to feed electrolyte and to collect HHO. MMW's in excess of 7 have been quoted.
    A single top hole dry cell that is raised higher than normal will produce gas with very little fluid. I have been experimenting with this technique using the Amoeba Cell.

Used this way the generator is essentially a true 'dry' cell.

The negative is that the cell would heat up higher than with the fluid flow.

A thermostat valve could be employed to flush the heat out with cooler electrolyte if necessary.

The question becomes, "When is MMW high enough without requiring extraordinary steps to increase it?"

What practical advantage is there to go from 6 to 8 MMW if current, production, and temperature are within specs?

BoyntonStu

P.S. How's the air restriction running?

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    A single top hole dry cell that is raised higher than normal will produce gas with very little fluid. I have been experimenting with this technique using the Amoeba Cell.

Used this way the generator is essentially a true 'dry' cell.

The negative is that the cell would heat up higher than with the fluid flow.

A thermostat valve could be employed to flush the heat out with cooler electrolyte if necessary.

The question becomes, "When is MMW high enough without requiring extraordinary steps to increase it?"

What practical advantage is there to go from 6 to 8 MMW if current, production, and temperature are within specs?

BoyntonStu

P.S. How's the air restriction running?

BoyntonStu
    The only advantage, that I can see, of higher MMW's is for those of us that are limited in the amount of amps that we can pull from our alternator. Additionally, lower amp draw equals less additional power from the engine. But otherwise, I agree that small changes in MMW aren't of the utmost importance.

The air restriction is running fine, my truck still runs as well as it did without it although there are no changes in MPG as of yet. I would really like to experiment further with raising my intake temperature, I will need to dream up some kind of thermal transfer from the exhaust header that will allow me to pull air through it.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Exclamation

[QUOTE=Shane Jackson;18634]My first impression is that the angle cuts at the top of the plate served no purpose.

They do. It has to do with how I hook up my cell. The pos and neg have only 1 tab cut off and a hole drilled in the other. That is where I run a bolt and hook the power. (I'll post pictures later)

"My first impression is that the angle cuts at the top of the plate served no purpose."

Should have been, "My first impression is that the angle cuts at the top of the plate served no purpose in generating Hydroxy"

If you build an Amoeba Cell, the extra effort to cut the plates and the gaskets is not required.

"Amoeba" as in small, simple, and easy to make, is my goal.

Anything that makes it larger or more complicated is my obsession.

Fewer cuts, fewer holes, etc.

Until it can be shown that adding something will substantially increase its performance, KISS is my standard.

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    The question remains; "What was the efficiency loss (or gain) that caused the stripe?"

I'm wondering the same thing.
    I think what we have here is a simple case of one of the basic things we know about electricity, it will always take the shortest path, a.k.a. the path of least resistance, to earth.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

theramsey3 Guest
    I am wondering how the leak current affects the plates when all of the holes are aligned? Judging from the picture I would assume the cells would produce less hho in the areas of the plate that are leaking current.Does this program account for hho production creating bubbles and creating residual water flow that way?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    First and foremost none of the holes are inline. They all alternate from right to left.

With that said, I can understand a little darker area at the hold due to current leakage, however it does not make since to have a 6 inch long line going from 1 hole to the other. Also considering that you have a bigger hole and more current leakage about 4 inch away to the big hole on the opposing plate. One would think the strips would be horizontal not vertical.
    Is 6" the meander distance left to right?

BoyntonStu

P.S. Why the silence on the Double SAFE-T?

I would think that the video shows a unique method achieve safety.

Would you like me to follow it up with a video showing it hooked to my glass jar bubbler?

has anyone tried flow simulation in solidworks?

can v obtain stress analysis and fluid analysis in flow simulation solidworks?..

two-phase system..dat is.....the pressure of the evolving gases as well as the solution on the end plates......reynolds number of the fluid flow...laamiinar....stresses on bolts...on the walls of the end plates...relation of flowrate on gas production etc...

how to do these anaylsis?..