Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best HHO Generator Material?

SmoothieV Guest

Best HHO Generator Material?

Hey everyone, when I make or buy my own HHO generator what materials should I use or ask the seller what they're using?

It sounds like glass and white PVC is not the way to go.. anything else I should look for? Thanks!

Ronjinsan Guest
    Hiya Smoothie

I have made cells with just about everything other than a kitchen sink and I always end up going back to glass! Glass dissipates heat very well, you can see whats going on, its strong enough to run on a vacuum with no problems, no more tricky to seal than anything else and if you mount it properly it shouldnt break! Plastics have all failed me, stick with a nice strong glass jar!

SmoothieV Guest
    That's interesting, I think I will stick to a glass jar then. Plastic top? Is it advised to stick to the "water4gas.com" directions?

Glass is good for a small unit, but if you wanna go large then glass may not be possible unless you have the ability to shape it. Standard white pvc melts at about 140° while the grey cpvc is good till about 200°. There are other materials like Polycarbonate plastic which is rather expensive, but can withstand 330° before it melts. If you are skilled and have enogh money/materials then a Stainless steel container would work nicely. Personally I dont have the tools required to build a metal container, but I do work with polycarbonate sheets. I like the ability to make a custom container that fits nicely in the vehicle its intended to go in. Ron is correct though, glass is great for most applications.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    I have tried the water4gas one and yes the glass works well, but i couldnt seal it well enough for the life of me, so i made my newest one out of ABS pipe and it hasnt melted at all, but unfortunately i can not see inside of it, I wish I had the money for a SS container, anyone know where to get one cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by ELECTR0N3RD View Post
    I have tried the water4gas one and yes the glass works well, but i couldnt seal it well enough for the life of me, so i made my newest one out of ABS pipe and it hasnt melted at all, but unfortunately i can not see inside of it, I wish I had the money for a SS container, anyone know where to get one cheap?
    I know its an old post, but this is a very good question.

Material for HHO Generator :
    1- Platinum would be the best to use, but the cost would be to great.
    2- High Surface coated plates on a pure titanium substrate.
    3- Stainless steel would be the next.
    4- Graphite would work great and endures material for the HHO generator.

My best performance came from a large glass jar(with the lid heavily siliconed with temp resistant silcione, and high quality stainless plates, I was lucky enough to get some scrap plate from a hospital where it was under some photo chemiclas so it was very low ferrus content, the lower the better, I also used de ionised water and did add a little potassium powder at some point, A little being the operative word! Bicarb and things along those lines will find the ferrous content very quickly! :-)

personaly ive had great results useing a glass jar. it keeps everything cool, you can see whats going on. but it seems alot of people on this forum frown upon useing glass containers because they might explode and send fragments everywhere. im surprised nobody has said anything about this yet seeing as how this is in the Q&A section.

STOP WITH THE GLASS JARS, I REPEAT, NEVER USE GLASS! One more time, watch this video, enough said.

If you insist on using glass, please do us a favor and leave this forum. You are giving very bad advice to anyone who does not know better. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just getting tired of preaching this. HHO can be very dangerous.