Thread: Best HHO Generator Material?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SmoothieV Guest

Best HHO Generator Material?

Hey everyone, when I make or buy my own HHO generator what materials should I use or ask the seller what they're using?

It sounds like glass and white PVC is not the way to go.. anything else I should look for? Thanks!

Ronjinsan Guest
    Hiya Smoothie

I have made cells with just about everything other than a kitchen sink and I always end up going back to glass! Glass dissipates heat very well, you can see whats going on, its strong enough to run on a vacuum with no problems, no more tricky to seal than anything else and if you mount it properly it shouldnt break! Plastics have all failed me, stick with a nice strong glass jar!

SmoothieV Guest
    That's interesting, I think I will stick to a glass jar then. Plastic top? Is it advised to stick to the "water4gas.com" directions?

Glass is good for a small unit, but if you wanna go large then glass may not be possible unless you have the ability to shape it. Standard white pvc melts at about 140° while the grey cpvc is good till about 200°. There are other materials like Polycarbonate plastic which is rather expensive, but can withstand 330° before it melts. If you are skilled and have enogh money/materials then a Stainless steel container would work nicely. Personally I dont have the tools required to build a metal container, but I do work with polycarbonate sheets. I like the ability to make a custom container that fits nicely in the vehicle its intended to go in. Ron is correct though, glass is great for most applications.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    I have tried the water4gas one and yes the glass works well, but i couldnt seal it well enough for the life of me, so i made my newest one out of ABS pipe and it hasnt melted at all, but unfortunately i can not see inside of it, I wish I had the money for a SS container, anyone know where to get one cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by ELECTR0N3RD View Post
    I have tried the water4gas one and yes the glass works well, but i couldnt seal it well enough for the life of me, so i made my newest one out of ABS pipe and it hasnt melted at all, but unfortunately i can not see inside of it, I wish I had the money for a SS container, anyone know where to get one cheap?
    I know its an old post, but this is a very good question.