Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Cut Plates - any size, shape, etc.

Do you have a model of effective plaque to suggest ?
    A model to build a reactor capable of producing about 1 LPM

I only have some basic principles that I use. Some of these only make very small differences but do make a difference.

1. The distance the bubbles travel should be as short as possible. (rectangle)
    2. The input port should be at least half the size of the exit port.
    3. Input port should be not less than 1 inch above the bottom gasket.
    4. Input port should be staggered.
    5. In put port should not be close to the electrical connection. (Duel connected plates)
    6. Use Duel electrical connections cattycorner.
    7. For one l lpm you need a 15 plate 2 stack 4 x 6 reactor. This should make you 1 lpm with reasonable amperage. Something between 12 to 20 amps.
    8. End plates both should have input and exit ports.
    9. The center plate should have no ports.
    10. Add a normal gasket between the last plate and the end plate. Not a full gasket. This creates a pocket of electrolyte that helps maintain proper levels and reduce heat.
    11. All plates should be media blasted or at least cross sanded. Media blasting is much better. Media blasted create less heat which allows you to run more amps with out damaging your plates or less amps to create the same lpm.
    12. Insulate all ports with Weld-on 16 (I use 1802) at least 1/2 inch. Only sticks if the plates are media blasted!!

I am sure others have just as good principles or designs but this is what I follow when building a bipolar series reactor. There are some exceptions like if you are using slots across the top for exit ports the input port will be much smaller than half that area. Remember this is my BASIC principles.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    I only have some basic principles that I use. Some of these only make very small differences but do make a difference.

1. The distance the bubbles travel should be as short as possible. (rectangle)
    2. The input port should be at least half the size of the exit port.
    3. Input port should be not less than 1 inch above the bottom gasket.
    4. Input port should be staggered.
    5. In put port should not be close to the electrical connection. (Duel connected plates)
    6. Use Duel electrical connections cattycorner.
    7. For one l lpm you need a 15 plate 2 stack 4 x 6 reactor. This should make you 1 lpm with reasonable amperage. Something between 12 to 20 amps.
    8. End plates both should have input and exit ports.
    9. The center plate should have no ports.
    10. Add a normal gasket between the last plate and the end plate. Not a full gasket. This creates a pocket of electrolyte that helps maintain proper levels and reduce heat.
    11. All plates should be media blasted or at least cross sanded. Media blasting is much better. Media blasted create less heat which allows you to run more amps with out damaging your plates or less amps to create the same lpm.
    12. Insulate all ports with Weld-on 16 (I use 1802) at least 1/2 inch. Only sticks if the plates are media blasted!!

I am sure others have just as good principles or designs but this is what I follow when building a bipolar series reactor. There are some exceptions like if you are using slots across the top for exit ports the input port will be much smaller than half that area. Remember this is my BASIC principles.

Wow !!!!

To date, this is one of the best summaries I've had the chance to learn.

Thank you very much !!!

However, I have two questions

1- You say "The center plate should have no ports. "

If my setup is -NNNNNN+NNNNNN-, this means that the positive plate (number 8) will have no holes (no ports) ?

2- You say "Input port should be staggered."

I have difficulty understanding, staggered in height, in width and how ?
    Do you have some pictures ?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    Wow !!!!

To date, this is one of the best summaries I've had the chance to learn.
    2- You say "Input port should be staggered."

I have difficulty understanding, staggered in height, in width and how ?
    Do you have some pictures ?

Thanks in advance

myoldyourgold knows his stuff - he 's helped me immensely with my setup now that I've gotten back into the hho with drycells.

For the input ports - staggered means just that. One on one side , one on the other. In other words, you could drill the ports towards the left side on all the plates and when assembling the cell flip every other plate so that the port is on the right (assuming the plates are symetric).

What is the recommended thickness for the SS316 plates and the gaskets ?

To me gaskets depend on the size of the plates (active area).

10 square inches of active area or less on one side of one plate I use 1/16
    11 square inches of active area or more on one side of one plate I use 1/8
    Both are 1/2 inch wide 60 to 80 durometer.

Others use 1/16 for everything and if it works for them good. I found with the larger plates and more gas you need more room for the gas to move out faster and with less resistance.

Power plates should be 18 gauge but neutrals can be 20 gauge. If you are media blasting I recommend they all be 18 gauge. It makes it easier to media blast.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

i am interested in the plates can i get a number for a quote

well~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Let's see what will happen to 12 Chinese zodiac signs this week.