Thread: Mason jar with 3/16 SS cable electrode. Works but needs help...can anyone help?

GDTRFB85 Guest

Question Mason jar with 3/16 SS cable electrode. Works but needs help...can anyone help?

Hello everyone. I'm new to HHO technology but I am able to easily do the mechanical work on the system and the vehicle to make it right. Inside a 1 quart mason jar I tightly wrapped a negative and a positive cable around a PVC honeycomb that I made from five 5" lengths of 1/2" PVC pipe. Each electrode is 3/16" stainless steel cable and wraps around 5 times. Distance between the wires is about 1/4" to 3/8" & pretty consistant. I'm using roughly 8-10 teaspoons of baking soda to about 3/4 quart of water. I'm getting excellent bubbling but within a couple of minutes the first time I connected it to the vehicle the water had been 90% either evaporated or just sucked out the top of the bubbler & into the engine. Needless to say it smoked a lot & ran terrible until the water was gone. Also, it was blowing a 15A fuse within a second so I figure the draw is in the range of 20 to 30 amps. Next fuse I had was a 40A & that was fine. The vehicle is a 1999 Toyota 4Runner 6 cyl with almost 200K. I'm going into the intake manifold right now until I figure out the bubbler configuration that works. Thank you, any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

brunet Guest
    I have done the same thing. The amount of baking soda in the water determines the amount of current draw. Resistance is defined as "oposition to current flow" sooo if you put more baking soda in the water it will have more conductivity therefore reducing the resistance therefore increasing the amp draw. Get yourself an ampmeter or multimeter and add electrolyte until you get to your desired amp draw, also consider as the cell heats this will also affect current draw