Thread: Pos Pwm!!!

mikem1977 Guest

Pos Pwm!!!

Hey all... I bought this from a local guy where I live who of course I cannot even get ahold of now. Anyhow, I hooked it up exactly the way he told me and the instructions show and basicly no power is supplied to the generator. Actually I shouldnt say "no" cause I can measure about .5v between pos and neg on the gen. I can turn the dial...nothing. Ive hooked it up on the bench..same thing. The guy claims he builds these boards himself and it has current limiting at 20a....I dont know what else to try, like I said he wont call me back or email..nothing, its been over a week...I have a 70.00 paper weight...any ideas....thanks...Mike
    I tried to post a pic but it says the file is too big....I posted the same question on another forum with a pic..heres the link...
    http://www.fuel-saver.org/Forum/showthread.php?tid=2463

PWM connections

Mike,

One side of the generator connects directly to + 12 volts, preferably through a relay for safety. The other side of the gen connects to the - gen terminal on the PWM.

The + terminal on the PWM can be light, 22 ga. is OK.

The ground terminal needs to be heavy enough to carry the gen current.

Just make sure the gen is only producing when the car is running.

This schematic may help:
    www.mikecramer.com/images/ifeedpwm.jpg

mikem1977 Guest

thanks...

Thanks for the reply!...the pwm is hooked up right and im using the right gauge wire, the thing must be screwed up! The guy that sold it to me will not get back to me about it...I think im gonna pay him a little visit soon....thanks

Realtyroy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    Mike,

One side of the generator connects directly to + 12 volts, preferably through a relay for safety. The other side of the gen connects to the - gen terminal on the PWM.

The + terminal on the PWM can be light, 22 ga. is OK.

The ground terminal needs to be heavy enough to carry the gen current.

Just make sure the gen is only producing when the car is running.

This schematic may help:
    www.mikecramer.com/images/ifeedpwm.jpg
    Here is a link to a good place to purchase one if you want to spend another $30
    http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/index.php?topic=22.0
    Roy

mikem1977 Guest

thanks..

I ordered one, should be here soon