Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Meth Cuts off our NaOH supply

coffeeachiever Guest

Crystal Meth Cuts off our NaOH supply

Lowe's is no longer selling Roebic because dumbarses are making crystal meth with it. I'm now looking for local soapmakers. Any other suggestions?

mikem1977 Guest

naoh

guess I should have read this post before replying to the other

coffeeachiever Guest
    Good news. Found the Roebic at Tractor Supply Co. Also found a product called Instant Power that is a combination of NaOH and KOH.

As a side note, menards and home depot, or even ace hardware will have pure lye in their drain cleaner section. It doesn't have to be Roebic brand.. I found an off brand at my local menards that's 100% lye.. just read the container to make sure it's 100%.

The KOH is used for making soap. I have no idea where to get that stuff.

I hope this helps.
    mike

Biodiesel barn stocks KOH. Annoying about the Roebic as I just switched to it. Glad I grabbed a new bottle today.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

DrBrown Guest
    Thank you!! I was wondering why none of the Lowes around here carried it anymore. Thanks druggies!! I've yet to try going to Ace but I know Home Depot does NOT have it or anything else that is 100% lye, at least not in NE Ohio.

Since my Lowes didnt have anything that was 100% NaOH I tried Zep, which is only 40% NaOH and has a bunch of aluminum and caustic soda in it and its instant brown goo in the canister. So avoid that crap like the plague! KOH is impossible to find locally, the only place I found was online at the Traditional Tanner.

you can get a 12 pack of rooto from ace hardware online for about 40 bucks.. then free shipping to your local store

here

http://www.acehardware.com/search/in...20cleaner&sr=1

Also at your local Do-it Best hardware store, you can get some of this:

http://doitbest.com/Chemical+Drain+C...sku-450529.dib
    again, free shipping to your local store.

this is what i use. it's 100% lye (so saith the label LOL )

Also farm and fleet has Roebic. on their website you can put in your zip code and check availability

let's not also forget about the small mom and pop hardware stores as well.. they may have some roebic or rooto and the meth heads might not have thought about that too... how about cleaner section at your local grocery store, wal mart, meijer, costco, sam's club, walgreens, and cvs pharmacy. Any place that has household cleaners may have some as well.

I hope this helps
    mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

?

Lye to make crystal meth???

Quote Originally Posted by TeknikL View Post
    Lye to make crystal meth???
    Red Devil lye was the product of choice for the longest time. It is amazing what people will intake into their body knowing the ingredients are caustic.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmercal View Post
    Red Devil lye was the product of choice for the longest time. It is amazing what people will intake into their body knowing the ingredients are caustic.
    I don't think they're aware that the ingredients ARE caustic... no, ... I don't think they care...

but yes, it is amazing...

where can we get that recipe?? LOL.. if we can show them how to make the stuff WITHOUT lye, then we can have our roebic back
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE