Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turned off Moderation

Hi Russ,

The moderation was turned back on November 26th because of a lack of the complete listing of Spammers and Spam Bots that were hitting the forum at about 30 to 40 a day from around October 10th. We were doing fairly well with some primary bans and when the moderation was turned off we were still getting around 10 a day which was still to many. It seems now were down to about 3 to 5 a day and with some final adjustments and some forum software updates to confuse the Spam Bots we will be in very good shape to turn off the moderation again ... a little spam we can deal with gives us or me something to do.

Thanks again for your support, help and input to the Forum. I will contact the administration about Dave Nowlin and get him going ASAP.

Thanks,
    Fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Now that moderation is turned off, it still appears that there are several users that still cannot post? Perhaps they were overlooked before the change was made.

One such user is 'Dave Nowlin', please could an admin enable his account for posting.

Thanks!

Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyTomCat View Post
    Hi cully,

I'm fairly sure that the administration has found the problem to your problem not being able to post a general ban for the 88.0.0.0 was put in place. It is being modified to reflect only the series ( 88.0.0.0 thru 88.255.255.255 ) needed to ban the proper countries with problems of Internet enforcement there are lots of ISP's in this range from many countries in Europe not just the UK unfortunately.

ie: Your UK ISP series 88.108.0.0 - 88.111.255.255

I think the administration will be changing this along with some additions this weekend.

Thanks,
    Fuzzy

thanks for the reply ......
    getting fed up with loading a proxy just to see this site

banlist

I removed 88.0.0.0/8

whoo! thankyou