Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vinegar or water wetter

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by clarence1984 View Post
    does anyone actually have any education with chemicals or electronics in this forum.
    Probably not; hence why the title of this forum is "Trying to facilitate the production of HHO for the common folk." Second, if we knew everything there is to know about electronics and chemistry, we wouldn't be here in the first place trying to learn about it!

If there was an easier, safer, more productive alternative, we would ALL be scrambling to have it. So to imply that we are a bunch of morons who are purposely trying to pollute the planet is pretty ignorant, even for an uneducated person.

While your education, experience, and "pointers" are appreciated, your condescending demeaner isn't.

Now, on to what we're here for:

Has anyone else been able to test what clarence1984 is claiming. If he is accurate, then I'm sure that most if not all of us will follow suit. I've heard that the use of salt (sodium) in electrolysis produces chlorine gas (harmful,/toxic). Is that not accurate? Please educate me if it is not.
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

Chlorine gas is not only toxic, it is also corrosive. As for the tap water, I would take distilled over tap water any day, its much easier to ensure the quality of all aspects ranging from the electrolyte solution to kepping the solution from turning a rusty brown due to all the other elements and chemicals contained in tap water.

Environmental concerns-well I would have to believe that if folks are experimenting responsably, there are far more benifits than there are hazards. IMHO.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

cjdave Guest
    Potassium Hydroxide is used IN SOAP, and fertilizer.

Enough of your Save the earth crap.

It is Dont use Nukes and not in my back yard logic that has helped get us where we are now with energy problems.

Lobbyists and corruption has gotten us where we are in the energy crisis. As for environmental responsability, we are all working with an electrolyte solution in concentrations that are very mild compared to say a battery, but I still wouldent water my garden with it and feed the veggies to my kids.

Potasium Hydroxide is a corrosive agent that can and will burn your skin. When it is used in soaps and fertilizers, it is in a very diluted form.

Im not a tree hugging save the earth lobbyist, but I do like to think about safety and responsability.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

JonDoh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis13030 View Post
    Potassium Hydroxide(KOH)

After doing a good deal of research over 3 months, I am certain that KOH is the best chemical to use in electrolyzers. You only need to add it to the water once. The electrolysis does not deplete the KOH. So when you refill the water in your tank, all you need to do is ensure that your new water is mixed well with the old electrolyte.
    How much KOH to H2O?

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by clarence1984 View Post
    does anyone actually have any education with chemicals or electronics in this forum.
    I have a BS in electronics engineering. What can I do for you?

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDoh View Post
    How much KOH to H2O?
    I don't know. But I would start with about 1 tablespoon KOH per Gallon of water.

dhho Guest
    The mixture for any chemical will vary with each type of electrolizer and its a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. A wirewound type would use a lot less than a true series cell.Sorry but the answer is not super simple.Just try and try again.
    Regards,
    Mos

LinChiek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis13030 View Post
    I don't know. But I would start with about 1 tablespoon KOH per Gallon of water.
    hi!

can give the measurement in gram (KOH) and liter (H2O) pls..... i'm lost here due to various size of tablespoon.........

JonDoh Guest
    These guys seem to believe in vinegar:

http://www.fuelfromh2o.com/support.html

I'm gonna try it.... Smell ya l8r