Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vinegar or water wetter

Bossman Guest
    Greetings all. Been reading for a while now & was wondering. I have a portable A/C unit that captures water in a holding tank,it has to be emptied every day. What type water would this be ?? Distilled ? It also has a setting to act like a dehumidifier . Just wondering if this would be good water to use.

I'm not an expert on A/C, but I'm guessing that this is condensation from the surrounding air that has built up on the outside of the compressor. There's no guarantee as to what will be in this water.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

airdude Guest

yup

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
    Greetings all. Been reading for a while now & was wondering. I have a portable A/C unit that captures water in a holding tank,it has to be emptied every day. What type water would this be ?? Distilled ? It also has a setting to act like a dehumidifier . Just wondering if this would be good water to use.

It's distilled. Just not under very controlled circumstances...

professorx Guest

Smile 1 cup white vinegar per gallon distilled water

Hi all,
    just throwing in my experience so far. Built an electrolyzer and have been using a mixture of distilled water and white vinegar. 1 gallon of distilled water to 1 cup of white vinegar.

Production seems fare, getting an average of 1 liter hho per minute. There is a heat problem I would like to fix. How I got to this mix was distilled water, alone, seemed to draw more amps and turn the cell brown. The vinegar added keeps it fairly clean and require less energy in.

Ideally I would like to be able to use the water from a garden hose and good vibes and get 90 liters per minute, with no heat build up, but I'm still a ways a way from that.

I'm open minded to both electrolyzer design and solution mixture, but gonna stay the hell away from salt usage of any kind.