Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Applied a bath cell to Saturn SL2 + results

HHOinKY Guest
    efie is best. o2 extebders are decent. Nev er wrap the sensor.

Smiley Guest
    Thanks again folks. Great info.

I am not running a bubbler and I have the cell controlled by a toggle switch. I know this is not the best way to go. I went into a store one day and forgot to turn off the switch. When I started the car the engine raced until it burned all of the hydrogen that built up in the intake. It was pretty funny, and yes, it could have been very bad. I will wire it to the ignition once I see an appreciable gain.

I think I will go to an electronics store and build the poor mans EFEI. It looks very inexpensive to make.

Mikey, I would use sodium hydroxide instead but I am having trouble finding it locally.

Once I have the EFEI made, how do you know where to start from and make adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Thanks again folks. Great info.

I am not running a bubbler and I have the cell controlled by a toggle switch. I know this is not the best way to go. I went into a store one day and forgot to turn off the switch. When I started the car the engine raced until it burned all of the hydrogen that built up in the intake. It was pretty funny, and yes, it could have been very bad. I will wire it to the ignition once I see an appreciable gain.

I think I will go to an electronics store and build the poor mans EFEI. It looks very inexpensive to make.

Mikey, I would use sodium hydroxide instead but I am having trouble finding it locally.

Once I have the EFEI made, how do you know where to start from and make adjustments?
    You're lucky it only raced, to burn the excess HHO!

One member forgot to turn his off, and he blew the entire manifold off the car, and into a million pcs.

Exploding hydrogen has far more power, than imagined.

To answer your former question about sceptics...

Most sceptics, have never tried it, and about 110% of them don't understand what it actually does!

They all say you can't get more out of it, than you put into it (energy, that is).

But in truth, the hydrogen molecules are approximately 1/16 the size of the oxygen molecule.

The smaller molecules are squeezed to the outside edges (around the rings), as the compressin stroke comes. The hydrogen explodes 3.5 times hotter, and being pushed to the outer (and lower) edges of the cylinder, the flame causes most of the purchased fuel, to burn!

Most people don't realize, that an internal combustion engine, is only efficient to about 20 to maybe 30 percent. Meaning that of the gas/diesel you put in your tank (without HHO), you are only burning a very small percentage of it, while the vast majority of it goes out the tail pipe. That is why catalytic converters were designed, to burn additional "unused gas/diesel"

In reality, it is not the HHO that you are using as fuel! You are using the HHO, to better consume the gasoline, or diesel, by providing a much hotter explosion.

Does that make sense, now?
    For larger photos of offerings see:
    http://shuttermotor.tripod.com/id12.html

Smiley Guest
    Very good explenation Dane. Thanks.

Im sure I was very lucky. I dont have much money in my little Saturn so any catastrophic failure would be more funny than anything else provided there is no injury... even then it might still be funny. Im a bit morbid I suppose.

I will try the EFEI. It might be a bit as I am currenty working the graveyard shift. Ill have more time when I move to day shift.

fisher Guest
    Painless, Im much interested in your circuit. What is it intended to do? Looks like it puts an adjustable voltage, somewhere between zero and a half of a volt out to the ECM. At least considering just the circuit and ignoring any input from the 02 sensor that is what it would do.

I could build it without a battery by installing a couple of resistors and using the 12 volts from the battery as a power supply. Would save having to install a battery. Considering that a car generates 13.5 volts, and you want to get rid of 12 volts so as to be left with 1.5 and not have a battery, you would need a 12K resistor and a 1.5K resistor. (both standard sizes.) Connect them in series, 12K on top. The come off top and bottom of the 1.5K to your circuit, with the 1.5K sitting where you show a battery, and you would have the same circuit without having to buy batteries.

So I just admitted that I don't understand what your circuit does, but that I can modify it. I not crazy. I really not.

Quote Originally Posted by fisher View Post
    Painless, Im much interested in your circuit. What is it intended to do? Looks like it puts an adjustable voltage, somewhere between zero and a half of a volt out to the ECM. At least considering just the circuit and ignoring any input from the 02 sensor that is what it would do.

I could build it without a battery by installing a couple of resistors and using the 12 volts from the battery as a power supply. Would save having to install a battery. Considering that a car generates 13.5 volts, and you want to get rid of 12 volts so as to be left with 1.5 and not have a battery, you would need a 12K resistor and a 1.5K resistor. (both standard sizes.) Connect them in series, 12K on top. The come off top and bottom of the 1.5K to your circuit, with the 1.5K sitting where you show a battery, and you would have the same circuit without having to buy batteries.

So I just admitted that I don't understand what your circuit does, but that I can modify it. I not crazy. I really not.
    Fisher,

That circuit is a 'voltage adder', it takes the output from the O2 sensor and adds voltage to it by utilising a series connection of the two voltages. The second connection from the O2 sensor signal that goes to the pot ground is just to ensure that the output from our circuit never drops below the original O2 signal.

Using the vehicle electrical system is not advisable, as voltage can fluctuate a fair amount which will also mess with the signals to the O2 sensor. A better idea is to use a 5v voltage regulator, which will ensure a smooth voltage signal.

I've since stopped using the voltage adder and started using an adjustable voltage regulator to replace the bias or ground signal to my oxygen sensors. My O2's are unusual in that they are narrowband and receive a 2.5v bias instead of a ground (0v) bias, therefore, they send a varying signal between 2.5 and 3.5 volts to the ECU. My circuit replaces the 2.5v signal with it's own, so for example if I wanted to add 200 millivolts to my O2 signal, I would adjust my regulator to 2.7v.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

fisher Guest
    Painless, cool, sounds like you have it figured out pretty well. I am not to the point yet to know if I will need to modify my O2 sensors, but if so, you have taught me some good info on how to do it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fisher View Post
    Painless, cool, sounds like you have it figured out pretty well. I am not to the point yet to know if I will need to modify my O2 sensors, but if so, you have taught me some good info on how to do it. Thanks.
    You're most welcome, fisher, but also bare in mind that my O2's were an unusual case, hence my adjustable voltage regulator. A proper EFIE, if you can spend the money, would be my suggestion. The poor mans EFIE is an alternative to help with costs.

One step, one change at a time and monitor results is always the best way.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO