Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: water to fuel spark plug

?

Dennis13030,
    Why?

HHO on intake

Dennis13030,

Got data on the HHO hooked up to the Honda intake manifold. 53% mpg increase.

Was 19.4 mpg, now 29.7 mpg. YAHOO!

Car is using about 2 oz of water in about 50 miles.

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    Dennis13030,

Got data on the HHO hooked up to the Honda intake manifold. 53% mpg increase.

Was 19.4 mpg, now 29.7 mpg. YAHOO!

Car is using about 2 oz of water in about 50 miles.
    That is fantastic! Great job.

To answer your other question "Why have I not hooked up a HHO system to my car yet", I started with a proof of concept unit that cost me $6 and a couple hours of my time. It worked but not very well. For the last few months, I have been living on a very tight budget. As soon as things improve dollars-wise, I will continue the building of a better HHO system. So for the moment, I am learning as much as I can so as to reduce my costs while also building a great HHO system.

HHO on intake manifold

dennis13030,

Moved my bottle to the intake on my truck. Will post when I get data.

I bought a flowmeter. It was a .1 to 1 lpm. We hooked it up to the honda. At 4.5 amps, it pegged it immediately. Should of bought a 1 to 10 lpm, oh well.

Good luck with yours.

heat and gas volume

dennis13030
    Went down to clean up in the basement.

Had a 11 plate, 1/2 gal setup, so I ran it up to 8 amps and put my new flowmeter on it. First reading was a dismal 0.22 lpm. A while later it read 0.35. It was up to 0.75 lpm when I turned it off.

Sorry, I didn't get a voltage reading, I had my power supply in constant current mode, and the meter switch was set to read current.

The heat of the electrolyte really makes a big difference in gas production.

One other observation, the flowmeter does not like moisture. Toward the end of the run, the ball collected water on it, and would stick to the walls. In a few seconds it would pop up to relieve the pressure, then float down to the correct reading.

Jaxom Guest
    I've run into the same problem with the airflow gauge. Did you run it with or without a bubbler? I was running without one, and had hopes that adding a bubbler would filter some of the water vapor out of the HHO and help dry things out and stabilize the readings. Also, have you verified the accuracy of the airflow gauge?

One other question: you said you were using a constant current supply at 8 amps and production increased with temperature, right? That's not what I expected. I thought that the production change with heat was due to a drop in the resistance of the cell and consequent increase in current flow.....apparently that is not the case.

This is getting pretty far from the original topic.

liberybell Guest
    Has anybody look into the water spark plug farther?
    How can they be used on out existing gasoline vehicles? Can they be used in diesel vehicles (replace the injectors)?
    Do we still need some type of fuel in the system?

Thanks!

liberybell Guest
    Has anybody look into the water spark plug farther?
    How can they be used on our existing gasoline vehicles? Can they be used in diesel vehicles (replace the injectors)?
    Do we still need some type of fuel in the system?

Thanks!

Current mode

Jaxom,

I didn't use a bubbler.

I dont have anything to verify the reading of my flowmeter.

I think you understand, I'm just using a wierd supply I designed.

My supply can regulate voltage or current. I had it in current mode, so no matter what the load does, it stays at 8 amps.

I belive the increase in gas production is due to the hotter electrolyte already has energy supplied to it, so more gas is produced for the same ampereage.

liberybell Guest

Exclamation I thought this thread was about...

the water spark plug.
    I have been on a lot of forums where the hijacking of threads has become a really painful issue.
    Moderators, can we please ensure that threads are not hijacked like this one? If we are talking about the water spark plug lets talk about it. If you want to talk about the production of hho of your system find the right thread or create a new one. Just my humble opinion.
    Thanks Moderators...