Thread: diesel install?

jcbarton Guest

diesel install?

I have installed an electrolyzer and scrubber on my 87 wrangler w/ a 4.2 6 cyl w/ weber carb. So far so good, definate increase in MPG and performance gains. What is the difference between a gas install and diesel install? Anything special needed or is the set-up totally different? I have been told that diesel engines have no vacuum, is this true? If so how is the gas injected and where? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays. Only one post this time

Most of your diesels today are fuel injection and with turbos. Having a turbo creates boost at the intake rather than vacumn. On diesels you have to inject the hho at the air breather intake before the turbo.

jcbarton Guest
    Thanks, I live in central america where there are a lot of older diesels that do not have fuel injection or turbos. How would you go about injecting the HHO then?

As long as you inject after the air filter you will have some vacuum which will be more than enough to make sure the HHO is getting into the diesel engine.

Cheers Leon...