Thread: First 2 weeks in the life of an HHO newb...

daggit Guest

First 2 weeks in the life of an HHO newb...

Disclaimer I'm no electrical engineer so if I say something stupid cut me some slack.

Most of my spare time in the last 2 weeks has been spent pouring over info on the WWW about HHO stuff. Filtering through all the truth, half-truthes, and bs has been a big task.

I downloaded a 90 page report about how to build an efficient HHO generator which claims to be referenced from Stan Meyers patent. After studying all that and what you guys are doing on this forum I have 3 questions...

1. From the patent I thought pulse generation was THE biggest key to efficient HHO production but appearantly a lot of people aren't why?
    2. Also from the patent, a coil is shown installed above the electrodes that "make the bubbles", does nobody know what that does?
    3. Meyer's designs always seem to show cylinder shaped electrodes does anyone think that's an important feature of the design as apposed to flat plate designs?

fisher Guest
    1. Meyers was running his car totally on water. We seek only to up our gas mileage. We have not the talent, resources, know-how... to try the 100% water car - yet. So straight DC will give enough HHO to really affect mileage.

2. Meyers used a resonant circuit. A resonant circuit consists of a coil and a capacitor. (His generator acted as his capacitor.) This circuit will create more HHO if spiked with a PWM at the proper frequency. We don't need a coil unless we are trying to achieve resonance.

3. No. HHO amount generated depends on surface area of the plates, rods, tubes, or what ever you are using.

daggit Guest
    Good answers. Makes sense.

daggit Guest
    I read a very long Stan Meyer technical brief on hydrogen fuel technologies trying to grasp some of the concepts but most of it goes over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by daggit View Post
    I read a very long Stan Meyer technical brief on hydrogen fuel technologies trying to grasp some of the concepts but most of it goes over my head.
    Most of it, goes over everyone's head!

The problem with using cylinders (tubes, in tubes), is finding the right materials.

The internet is packed full of offerings, but most have too much gap between them.

With plates, you can experiment, with different gaps.

Myers and Lawton both, advise 0.045" gap.

I have thousands of 0.045" spacers, but I'm also experimenting with spacers even 1/3 of that.
    For larger photos of offerings see:
    http://shuttermotor.tripod.com/id12.html