Thread: Anybody know a place/places to get parts?

GDTRFB85 Guest

Question Anybody know a place/places to get parts?

Hello. I'm just getting started with HHO application in my vehicle & I'm wondering where to get supplies. My wish list includes plastic mason jar tops, materials to tap into the jar tops for gas recovery (not sure what these are called), inline check valves, binding posts, basically all of the things that I can't walk into a store & get...keep in mind I live on Maui so supplies can be tricky to find. BTW $4.18 for regular. I hope I can get this system going soon. Thank you for all of your support. Aloha.

grimr27 Guest
    Im not sure wear maui is but you can get check valve, vacum lines and vacum tees at an auto parts store. Plastic mason jars and lids at wallmart and you can get your ss binding post "bolts" and drill bits at a hardware store.
    hope this helps..

lesleycraine Guest

Cool Parts for HHO

Hi

Have you done any searches using google for the keywords plastic mason jar tops or mason jar suppliers. You will probably find that there are loads and may even find that there could be some in Honolulu. You are not the only one that is looking for parts we are trying to do the same in the UK. So far we have been able to source more or less all the parts from the internet.

Let me know how you get on and good luck with getting your system rolling.

Lesley

h-power Guest

I wish that.....

...beijnanli would get lost and go infect some other website. He is constantly posting this useless message for some cheap advertising.

I have found an excellent source for much of the stuff I use.
    www.grainger.com They have all sorts of things at great prices. I build my units for fleet and retail sale and so I buy all my supplies in bulk.

GDTRFB85 Guest

Parts found.

Thanks for the replies. I found the plastic tops at Mall Wart and discovered an awesome site for pretty much everything else with the exception of electrical components. Check out http://www.mcmaster.com/ for a great selection of stuff. Please see my next post in Q&A.
    Aloha.

Deanr3D Guest
    http://www.mcmaster.com/ is the best. Look for Metals under raw materials at the bottom of their main page. Shim stock is also worth checking out.
    Maybe I can get some clear acrylic from these guys.

porkchop Guest
    I got my plates at a SS recycler. Cinomet. Got all I wanted for free. A aluminum recycling place might be able to help you find a place for SS. I would think that even this place, if you explained what you are doing might even let you dig through their pile of metal. I am still looking for a suitable container. A glass jar seems to fragile too me. But, alot of people are using them. Matching a suitable container with space available is proving to be a bit of a challenge. It looks as if some funky looking brackets bent several different ways is going to be the solution.