Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help w/map enhancer - works but doesn't enhance the car.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_98_cobra View Post
    I'll have to test the map enhancer later although I may get to it tomorrow... My gen. hose is the thick braided clear hose and it is 3/8" and I have 3/8" T's. The gen. hose fits right onto my PCV valve and a 3/8" T fits well into the rubber elbow that was originally on the PCV valve.

Everything fit well together and I didn't have to cut or modify anything where it could be put back to original if needed. Why is the PCV line not a good place to inject HHO?
    IF u get too much vacuum from the PCV line it can suck water right out of the bubbler. - had it happen.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

aaron_98_cobra Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mytoyotasucks View Post
    IF u get too much vacuum from the PCV line it can suck water right out of the bubbler. - had it happen.
    I just checked and that must be why there is no water in the bubbler...

aaron_98_cobra Guest
    I just checked and that must be why there is no water in the bubbler...
    Ok, in addition to no water in the bubbler, there is no water in the generator anymore... Upon inspection, there is a crack in the bottom of the box. (I'm using one of those 6 x 6 x 4 inch pvc boxes.) I guess the water froze and cracked the box. I don't guess the too much vacuum did this? I wouldn't think so.

Anyway, how should I keep the water from freezing next time?

And, I checked voltage going in the map enhancer and at idle it was about 1.5V. I flipped the switch over to enhanced and cranked the knob all the way lean and it dropped the voltage down to .5V but car doesn't respond.

While I had the voltage meter hooked up, I was seeing what increasing the rpm did to the voltage and when I stepped on the gas (as engine loses vacuum) the voltage jump up somewhat. Once the engine built up vacuum again at that increase rpm (which should be a greater vacuum than at idle), the voltage going into the enhancer was slightly lower.

So, since a higher rpm takes more gas and that higher rpm has less voltage than a lower rpm, wouldn't cutting the voltage with this enhancer actually give the engine more gas? Let me know if all this makes sense to you...

Ok, in addition to no water in the bubbler, there is no water in the generator anymore... Upon inspection, there is a crack in the bottom of the box. (I'm using one of those 6 x 6 x 4 inch pvc boxes.) I guess the water froze and cracked the box. I don't guess the too much vacuum did this? I wouldn't think so.

And, I checked voltage going in the map enhancer and at idle it was about 1.5V. I flipped the switch over to enhanced and cranked the knob all the way lean and it dropped the voltage down to .5V but car doesn't respond.

While I had the voltage meter hooked up, I was seeing what increasing the rpm did to the voltage and when I stepped on the gas (as engine loses vacuum) the voltage jump up somewhat. Once the engine built up vacuum again at that increase rpm (which should be a greater vacuum than at idle), the voltage going into the enhancer was slightly lower.

So, since a higher rpm takes more gas and that higher rpm has less voltage than a lower rpm, wouldn't cutting the voltage with this enhancer actually give the engine more gas? Let me know if all this makes sense to you...
    yes lower voltage = less fuel
    higher voltage = more fuel

sound like it was built wrong - try switching the wires - not sure if it will do anything, but can try.
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

aaron_98_cobra Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mytoyotasucks View Post
    yes lower voltage = less fuel
    higher voltage = more fuel

sound like it was built wrong - try switching the wires - not sure if it will do anything, but can try.
    That's what I thought, that lower voltage = less fuel until I increased the rpm and the voltage dropped a bit. I don't quite get that...

Which wires should I switch? And where? Just want to make sure before I start messing with stuff... Thanks

That's what I thought, that lower voltage = less fuel until I increased the rpm and the voltage dropped a bit. I don't quite get that...

Which wires should I switch? And where? Just want to make sure before I start messing with stuff... Thanks
    just switch the ones u have going to and from the map sensor.

still dont know if it will do anything.
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

the best is denatured alcohol
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

I've been using a fairly high concentration of KOH in the resevoir and haven't had it freeze yet ( went down to 15F).

So if the voltage going to the ECU is near 0 should the car die? I have been using my enhancer, at idle and the enhancer off it reads 1.5V, I can adjust the enhancer but the idle doesn't seem to change even when I adjust it all the way over ( making the voltage effectively 0), when I did that it did make the check engine light on though.
    I'm a little scared to play with it too much without a EGT. My 96 subaru is a OBDII car so I'm not totally sure why the car doesn't seem to care ( though in the schematics they call it a boost sensor and I don't have a turbo). The car is in closed loop since the check engine light isn't on.

Quote Originally Posted by velorossa22 View Post
    So if the voltage going to the ECU is near 0 should the car die? I have been using my enhancer, at idle and the enhancer off it reads 1.5V, I can adjust the enhancer but the idle doesn't seem to change even when I adjust it all the way over ( making the voltage effectively 0), when I did that it did make the check engine light on though.
    I'm a little scared to play with it too much without a EGT. My 96 subaru is a OBDII car so I'm not totally sure why the car doesn't seem to care ( though in the schematics they call it a boost sensor and I don't have a turbo). The car is in closed loop since the check engine light isn't on.
    I think you car is in a open loop, and bypassing your sensors.
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)