It seems that the lower the gas prices go, the less interested people seem to be in alternative energies. That is being short sighted and self sabotaging. It's been less than two months since gas prices were $4.00 a gallon. In the short time since gas has begun to approach a reasonable price, members and guests to the forum have begun to drop like flies. This inaction by the American public is exactly what makes them like sheep.
My shepard is not of the world and this time is is not okay to forgive and forget. This time I will not turn the other cheek so the oil producers can heat their swimming pools in Dubai with my hard earned dollars. My conscience is not clear while I continue to pollute the world. I will not support more drilling or digging for coal.
We the people are the most hard working and inventive people in the world. Garage inventors like us are the Ben Franklins and the Thomas Edisons and the Henry Fords. There is no reason AT ALL for us to be at the mercy of anyone. If people will not be complacent we can turn this ship back around. Right now I am very disheartened by the eagerness people have taken this pacifier with. There is too much of an attitude of, "there's nothing I can do about it". Bullsphit. Just like Mike's signature line says, together we will be heard.
To all those that have hung around, you have my respect. To those of you exploring the possibilities, break free from the followers and become leaders with the rest of us. When OPEC and the oil companies try to stick it to us again, we will tell them where to stick it!
The news reported several weeks ago that the leaders of OPEC will be meeting on December 17th to announce that they will be cutting oil production due to too much reserves. I'm curious as to what the forum will look like after that.